What is the MPG's of a stock CRF450X?

Ok, so I did try the search feature first, but with no luck.

So, what is the MPG's to be expected of a stock CRF450X?

What MPG's can expect when I switch the gearing (sprockets) to 15/44 or so?

Thanks.

Ok, so I did try the search feature first, but with no luck.

So, what is the MPG's to be expected of a stock CRF450X?

What MPG's can expect when I switch the gearing (sprockets) to 15/44 or so?

Thanks.

Stock as in plugged up and stock jetting? You should get 65+ miles on a tank. The later years have smaller tanks.

Un-cork it an jet it and it will drop to about 45.

Can't answer your question but the CRF230L and CRF230M both get 80+ mpg. I've recorded my mileage three times on my M and it was between 80 and 90 all three times and that's whit the around the town supermoto racing!!!!....ok riding.

Can't answer your question but the CRF230L and CRF230M both get 80+ mpg. I've recorded my mileage three times on my M and it was between 80 and 90 all three times and that's whit the around the town supermoto racing!!!!....ok riding.

That's great news.

Stock as in plugged up and stock jetting? You should get 65+ miles on a tank. The later years have smaller tanks.

Un-cork it an jet it and it will drop to about 45.

And not trying to argue with you Krannie , just wondering where your getting your readings from as i have never got that bad of mileage as your saying , even my 450R gets better than that , almost equal to my X

That is weird ,because mine is uncorked and jetted and cammed and i average 50 - 65 miles on a ride and still have never needed to hit reserve and usually when i gas the bike up for the next ride it only takes 1.2- 1.4 gallons on average , riding hard or riding easy , with a stock tank (06) , i have gone 85 miles on a tank when i lived in Idaho (2500 - 8500 elevation rides) and never hit reserve riding fairly easy

Set up at the time(i am at a lower elevation now*500 ft*, so completely different jetting , and have not checked mileage since change , but it seems close to what it was)

HotCams Stage 1

06 CRF450R muffler/stock header/PMB Endcap/Silent Insert

13/52 gearing

160 Main jet

45 Pilot jet

65 Leak jet

1 3/4 Fuel Screw

Stock Needle 4th clip

2500 - 8500 elevation

Tight Single Track / Desert

Edited by 450XJimDirt

Being that the CRF230 is essentially the same thing as an XR200 engine, I can see why. My XR200 would run forever on one tank of fuel. All my two-stroke riding buddies would have to fill up usually around 3-4 times before I had to fill the XR up. But that's a 15HP XR200, not a 45-56HP 450.

And not trying to argue with you Krannie , just wondering where your getting your readings from as i have never got that bad of mileage as your saying , even my 450R gets better than that , almost equal to my X

That is weird ,because mine is uncorked and jetted and cammed and i average 50 - 65 miles on a ride and still have never needed to hit reserve and usually when i gas the bike up for the next ride it only takes 1.2- 1.4 gallons on average , riding hard or riding easy , with a stock tank (06) , i have gone 85 miles on a tank when i lived in Idaho (2500 - 8500 elevation rides) and never hit reserve riding fairly easy

Set up at the time(i am at a lower elevation now*500 ft*, so completely different jetting , and have not checked mileage since change , but it seems close to what it was)

HotCams Stage 1

06 CRF450R muffler/stock header/PMB Endcap/Silent Insert

13/52 gearing

160 Main jet

45 Pilot jet

65 Leak jet

1 3/4 Fuel Screw

Stock Needle 4th clip

2500 - 8500 elevation

Tight Single Track / Desert

Maybe California gas is 'thinner'....

I fill my tank up around 60 miles and have to put about 1.6 gallons in it (I have the smaller 08+ tank). This is a strictly supermoto street legal daily commuter with 15/44 gearing. mods include JD Jet kit, open sides of airbox, R header, and Leo Vince can, TRX piston, TRX intake valves.

Also, been playing around with fuelly.com:

95772.png

I get about 42 mpg on a 450 chugging around in third on leisurely trail rides, and 30-35 going fast.

I get about 42 mpg on a 450 chugging around in third on leisurely trail rides, and 30-35 going fast.

Same here .. 28mpg has been my worse, 42 best (well .. worse because it was boring). :busted:

35-40 MPG riding fast desert with open airbox and proper jetting/mods on 07X.

This is an impossible question to answer because there are so many varibles. Elevation,temperature,terrain,riding style,gearing,jetting,tires,etc,etc,etc. In the California or Arizona deserts, on a properly jetted bike, riding WFO in deep sand like Buttercup Valley, with a Teraflex Krannies right maybe 45 miles/tank. On hard pack with a stock bike geared taller you might get 45/gallon. Even if you are more specific about your varibles you will still only get a rough approximation. Set your bike up how you want it, ride your favorite area, and take notes on your mileage and gas consumption then you'll know.

Seems to me the lower the elevation the worse the mileage from posts i am seeing , all i know is , in higher elevations (2500+) , i can easily get 70 miles to a tank without hitting reserve and re-fill the tank and only put in a little over a gallon and a half (stock tank is 2.26 gal) , so i guess there are a lot of variables to this as now i am only at 500+ ft and where i rode last is at most 1500 ft and i still get about the same mileage as best i can tell ( i have not kept track as much to be positive , but fairly close) , i am currently jetted

Main: 178

Pilot: 48

Leak: 65

Needle: 4th clip position

Fuel Screw: 2 3/4 out

Airbox Top cut out

13/52 gearing

06 450R muffler/PMB End Cap/Silent Insert

Stock X header

HotCams Stage 1

Pink Wire on Switch

Compared to my jetting at higher elevation with same as above on everything else

2500 - 8500 elevation

160 Main jet

45 Pilot jet

65 Leak jet

1 3/4 Fuel Screw

Stock Needle 4th clip

i average 50 - 65 miles on a ride and still have never needed to hit reserve and usually when i gas the bike up for the next ride it only takes 1.2- 1.4 gallons on average

This is about 40-45 mpg...

This is about 40-45 mpg...

Well that is a far cry from 40-45 miles per TANK that Krannie is talking about

That is why i wondered about the mileage , since i have been getting way better than that , the mileage he is describing is more inherent to a 2 stroke

Well that is a far cry from 40-45 miles per TANK that Krannie is talking about

That is why i wondered about the mileage , since i have been getting way better than that , the mileage he is describing is more inherent to a 2 stroke

Ahh, yes, I misread his post as saying 45 mpg...

I get 40-45 doing desert trail riding as well on my 07, uncorked.

Maybe California gas is 'thinner'....

I bet it's all that organic hippy juice we're forced to run. :lol: