Sign in to follow this  

Chain shaking??

So today I was cleaning my chain and I wanted to get the chain warm before I waxed it, so my friend said the best way to get it warm is to put it up on the stand and put in in gear and hold the throttle 1/2 open for atleast a minute, so i did that and while I was holding the throttle i heard my chain shaking and I looked at it and saw the chain was jumping alot and looked like it was going to fall off! It shouldnt be loose I just tightened it on sunday, and if anything my chain is to tight. Anyways I was wondering if there is a problem or if this is just me over reacting to something minor, but the way it was shaking didnt seem minor!

ur chains not gonna b banjo string tight so of course its gonna shake when the rear wheels off the ground. DONT EVER DO THIS! EVER!

Thanks for the replies, i almost ordered a new chain and new front and rear sprokets

Pretty clear that your friend doesn't know any more than you. Stop listening to him and find a friend who knows dirt bikes, then listen to him/her.

Don't warm up the chain before you lube it. This will cause the lube's carrier to evaporate before it has a chance to penetrate fully into the bushings.

Also, Chain Wax is a terrible lubricant. It was designed to be a corrosion-preventative first, and long-lasting lubrication is not one of it's properties.

the chain is to tight and should go to a bigger one like a 428. the 420 is to small for the power of the bike

the 420 is to small for the power of the bike

Honda engineers didn't think so.

Actually a few thing would cause your chain to woble , first put it back on the ground and ride it , if its still doing it , more then likely your chain adjusters are off , dont just go by the marks acually pull the chain tight with your hand

and line up the sprokets, ive got a 450 that had a 520 chain flying around side to side by my foot, made me very nervouse , even though the marks lined up. the wheel was crooked;;i found that when it was strait 95% of that side to side woble was gone. and will make a huge diff in how long everything will last.

And theres nothing wrong with riding around after you wash and clean a chain ,to warm it up to lube it again.

Honda engineers didnt say any thing about it. I said it i rode a 150rb for two years and went through 6 chains a year.

and if u have the bike on the stand its seems looser then it on the ground it has somthing to do with the spension