IT'S LIVE! Full Review 2019 Honda CRF450L!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Champion Short track Flat track frame and tt500 motor questions?

My father and I are trying to put our Champion frame together, we have a 1973-1974 short track Champion frame which currently has a 1976 xl 250 with plenty of room. Basically what im asking is does anyone know or have more info on putting a Yamaha tt 500 engine in a short track champion frame, will it fit with out huge modification? whats the exact measurements of the TT 500 engine? engine mounts match up at all? frame in the way of carbs? We are both very capable of doing mods so can do most all the work our selfs. Ive done some good research but still hard to find good info and exact facts so i came here now, any info is much appreciated!

---and i apologize its in the "dirt bike" section, didnt see a flat track area

Go to www.flattrack.com and post a question on the tuners forum. Those guys are so knowledgeable,and always willing to share that knowledge. You will need to fab an oil tank and new motor mounts at the minimum. If you have the stock tt500 frame,you may be better off de-raking that frame and using it instead. There is a post there on how to do that whole project also. The stock,de-raked frame handles better than a champion,and gives more drive out of the turn than the champion,in my opinion. Champion always seem to want to slide instead of hook up.

Go to www.flattrack.com and post a question on the tuners forum. Those guys are so knowledgeable,and always willing to share that knowledge. You will need to fab an oil tank and new motor mounts at the minimum. If you have the stock tt500 frame,you may be better off de-raking that frame and using it instead. There is a post there on how to do that whole project also. The stock,de-raked frame handles better than a champion,and gives more drive out of the turn than the champion,in my opinion. Champion always seem to want to slide instead of hook up.

The main thing i have against the stock tt frame is the weight, and to be honest i love the way the champion feels i love getting slideways, i know more hook up = more wins but still just my opionion. and thank you for the link, i will with out a doubt check it out!:busted: