Sign in to follow this  

Setting my Sag...

I just figured out my Race Sag and its 94mm, which I read 90-100mm is where I wanna be. My question is, I'm 185, and ride woods/HS, is this a good race sag for me? My suspension feels great finally. I've been playn w/ rebound and compression for the last month and finally got it feeling to where its not bucking me or washing out. For some reason I can't adjust the washer hardley, it won't really move without beating it to death w/ a hammer and screw driver, and its kinda messing up the teeth on the washer. It won't turn by hand, I put wd-40 on the threads, what am I doin wrong, or whats the deal w/ it not really wanting to turn? It will compress the preload, but I can't get it to turn up to decompress the preload... Anybody got anymore tricks or tips for making this thing move and where else I can put the sag and what will that mm do for my ride? Thanks

try turning the spring instead of the preload adjuster

Ok, I got the spring to turn by hand, but its just spinning and not catching on the preload nut.... When i hit it with a hammer and flathead its just tearing it up, making big nasty groves in the corners of the teeth on the nut. What do I gotta do to set my sag? I thought this was supposed to be easy, and this bike is making it a pain in the ass! I'm at 94mm right now, which way do I turn it to get to 100-107mm? Nut goes up or down? Ballpark, how many mm's do you get out of 1 rotation of the preload nut?

My friend, you need this.... X-trig preload adjuster, works like a charm. Put a 8mm on the end and turn away. I just use the drill trick though, its faster. As for getting back to 100-107, turn the nut counterclockwise

2012KTM250xc007.jpg

Ahhhhh, I likey... Does it stay on permantly? Where do I pick up this piece of gold you speak of??

Ok, so I'm taking pressure off the spring by goin counter clockwise.. do you know a ballpark of how many turns I need to get about 10mm? So I don't have to measure 25x... Thanks for tge help!

Ahhhhh, I likey... Does it stay on permantly? Where do I pick up this piece of gold you speak of??

Ok, so I'm taking pressure off the spring by goin counter clockwise.. do you know a ballpark of how many turns I need to get about 10mm? So I don't have to measure 25x... Thanks for tge help!

I dont know any distributers or such in the states. Im sure if you walking in and asked your dealer or suspension tuner, they could get you one. Yes, it is permant. It replaces the two steel rings. It has a worm drive inside the is spun with the 8mm and moves it up and down. As for your suspension, I think its 2mm for every complete turn of the ring

Thx bro, you told me everyting I wanted to know! I did Google the x-trig, and theres a x-trigi dealer in California that sells their products including the spring Adjuster.

Man I like that!! Bet you always have your suspension dialed in wherever you go!! I play with the clickers when I go to different areas and tracks, but man it would be nice to adjust the sag hassle free on the fly every-time too!