Sign in to follow this  

California Rower Flat question?

Ok, so i know you can enter/exit in from sierra, and then you can also enter/exit from bouqet canyon (there are actually 2 spots to enter/exit on bouqet canyon, at the major one, and then there is one about 4 miles before if you are coming from vasquez canyon,), what about artesian road? a few times i ended up going all the way down this fire road and it ends at artesian road, where is this? does artesian road connect to bouquet canyon?

id like to enter from sierra, trail ride all the way to this artesian road exit, and then take the streets back home, but how would i get back from there, lets say to the costco on via princessa for example.

thanks.

There is sierra highway - Rush Canyon road entrance, bringing you into the three stagin areas.

From there, you can go up Fall canyon road, Falls, lookout, or Rowher trail up the hill to the sierra pelona fire road.

Sierra pelona can get you to bouquet canyon road a few ways.

southwest on sierrra pelona brining you out to bouquet approx 4 miles from vasquez canyon road.

or you can go down bouquet trail, which is a fun double track bringing you out approx 7 miles from Vasquez canyon road. the trailhead is southwest on sierra pelona.

or there is nf6n08, just beyond the resevour to the northeast on sierra pelona.

and finally, there is a straight down a steep fireroad starting near lookout and dropping you right in front of the resevour.

... going down bouquet, take a left at vasquez canyon, then right on sierra. may be the easiest to get to costco..

Thanks for the info guys, i think i got confused thinking artesian road is the actuall road where the fire road ends, instead of artesian road being the actuall fireroad.

look at this vid, fast forward to 8:50 and see where they stop, that is the spot i am talking about.

where they stop, is that real road bouqet canyon? and if it is, if i stop where they did in the vid and then turn left, proceeding on the real road, how many miles would you say that is from vasquez canyon?

where they stop, is that real road bouqet canyon? and if it is, if i stop where they did in the vid and then turn left, proceeding on the real road, how many miles would you say that is from vasquez canyon?

Yes that black top road is Bouquet and if you turned left you'd be about 10 miles on the black top to get to the turn off for Vasquez Canyon.

Yes that black top road is Bouquet and if you turned left you'd be about 10 miles on the black top to get to the turn off for Vasquez Canyon.

Great THANK YOU! thats exactly what i wanted to know, :busted:

For some reason i thought the real road was artesian road, so that confused me a bit,

It sure is fun to ride and get in from sierra, ride the park a bit, then exit from bouqet and ride home. :lol:

I used to hate loading up the bike, getting there, then unloading, riding and loading and unloading again, :bonk:

Dualsport = :busted:

Yep that is 6n08

also the junction at 3:25 of the video is the steep route directly down. I got turned around once in my truck and headed up that puppy from the junction. while it was slippery muddy. that wasn't fun. on a bike it's fun.

on sierra pelona, if you go the other direction towards santa clarita, you will see a fun double track, the bouquet trail. Take that instead of the fire road down to the pavement.

a couple of vids goinfg down bouquet trail

My video -->

someone elses video -->

when we hit Rowher, most times we will stage at the bouquet trailhead. meet up with some who dual sport up bouquet canyon road.

It sure is fun to ride and get in from sierra, ride the park a bit, then exit from bouqet and ride home.

I used to be even better when the connector to Drinkwater was open. You could drop down Bouquet trail, cross the street, ride DWF, drop down to San Francisquito road, cross it, and continue through to ANF to Lake Hughes Rd., etc.

Dualsport rocks, most of these guys don't get it :busted:

:busted::busted: :thumbsup:Roger is a Dual sport monster. He even rode his DRZ up to Gorman and back.

Yep that is 6n08

also the junction at 3:25 of the video is the steep route directly down. I got turned around once in my truck and headed up that puppy from the junction. while it was slippery muddy. that wasn't fun. on a bike it's fun.

on sierra pelona, if you go the other direction towards santa clarita, you will see a fun double track, the bouquet trail. Take that instead of the fire road down to the pavement.

a couple of vids goinfg down bouquet trail

My video -->

someone elses video -->

Great vid, that boquet trial is advanced for sure, i remember the first time i rode it up from bouqet, i was like, oh man, gotta keep going :bonk:

so you say there are 4 ways to enter from bouqet? so far i know of 3, the one about 2-3 miles from vasuez, then the main one from vasquez about 7 miles and now this new one off of artesian, guess ill need to find the 4th way to enter/exit.

I used to be even better when the connector to Drinkwater was open. You could drop down Bouquet trail, cross the street, ride DWF, drop down to San Francisquito road, cross it, and continue through to ANF to Lake Hughes Rd., etc.

Dualsports rock indeed, half of the fun is the ride there and back, and it saves TONS of time not having to load and unload and tie everything down 2 times. :busted:

1. The 6n08, the one that you show hitting pavement at the end of the video

2. if you go straight down at 3:25 of the video instead of continuing on 6n08

3. Bouquet trail

4. continue south on sierra pelona, past bouquet trail to bouquet canyon road

1. The 6n08, the one that you show hitting pavement at the end of the video

2. if you go straight down at 3:25 of the video instead of continuing on 6n08

3. Bouquet trail

4. continue south on sierra pelona, past bouquet trail to bouquet canyon road

1, got it now. nice and easy fire road.

2, thats the one ive never tried, so that also goes straight down to bouqet? is it as advanced as bouqet trail?

3, ok, know that one. hard trail.

4, know that one too, very rocky.

so 4 ways to enter/exit from bouqet and one way to enter/exit from sierra, i think i got it now. :busted:

Thanks for all the info, much appreciated.

It's fairly steep. where it's easy to get going too fast. it crosses 6n08 twice and near the bottom it has a sharp left turn and smooth out to bouquet. going up is fun too. steeper than rowher.

It's fairly steep. where it's easy to get going too fast. it crosses 6n08 twice and near the bottom it has a sharp left turn and smooth out to bouquet. going up is fun too. steeper than rowher.

Cool, i will give it a try when i get some decent tires, as these stock Cheng Shin tires are a COMPLETE JOKE for trail riding, :busted:

thank you for the info. :busted:

Cool, i will give it a try when i get some decent tires, as these stock Cheng Shin tires are a COMPLETE JOKE for trail riding, :busted:

true story, one of the first times I went down the trail, still fairly new, my front break overheated and I lost the breaks 3/4 way down. Biting the seat with my butt, rear brake and engine breaking kept me from wiping out.

Lesson learned.. don't overuse the brake. lolol

I'm running the Cheng Shin 755 rear on my KTM 525 right now and think they are great. They are a copy of the Perlli MT 16 but only $45. I haven't found them again but have one more waiting to put on.

Roger I get it, I get it! Damn AS Racing won't finish my X! :busted: