Go pro Favourite settnings ?

So i just bought a go pro hero 2 and i was thinkin where you Favourite place to mount it on your helment and what settings are you running on it ?

I put mine on the right side of my helmet. Chin mount might be better, but I didn't want to take the time to figure that out. I still want to give it a try though.

720p 60fps - chest mount

960p 30fps chest mount

720 30fps,

chin mount

720 30fps,

chin mount

+1

I used 60fps for a while but found that I never used the slow motion.

Chin mount is the best view ever.

Later,

i use 960 on top. but the side is better

I like the view on the side of the helmet best, but its your camera so watch some youtube videos and mount it where you like it. As for settings it really depends on what you will be watching the video on (widescreen vs. non widescreen) or where you mount it. Some of the settings have a taller view and some are wide angle, its all in the manual.

If you want to replicate the riders view you can't beat the chin mount.

IMO the top of the head mount is too high and the side of the helmet isn't centered. Chest mount is pretty good but you can't glance the camera over and get shots of people left and right of you...

Another cool thing about the chin mount is you can get great chase cam footage.:busted:

underneath the visor, above the goggles!!!!! but the camera has to be upside down to fit there.

I like the 720 mode at 60p so I can do pan, zoom, or slow motion while editing without introducing interlace artifacts. I doubt the sensor is good enough for 1080 modes to look much sharper than 720 (although I haven't tested the Hero2).

Personally, I don't like the helmet side mount because the visor is always in the view. I usually deshake my helmet camera footage so the horizon stays smoother, but then the visor bounces up and down.

The top mount looks dorky, but it works well as long as you remember you are filming and look at what you want to film.

The chest mount is too low for my tastes. We are recreational riders and sit about half the time. The chest mount view is mostly blocked by the handlebars unless you are standing. It is more convenient to operate than a helmet mount.

The chin mount sounds like a good option, but I have never seen one. Can someone post some photos and instructions on how you mount to the chin?

I like the 720 mode at 60p so I can do pan, zoom, or slow motion while editing without introducing interlace artifacts. I doubt the sensor is good enough for 1080 modes to look much sharper than 720 (although I haven't tested the Hero2).

Personally, I don't like the helmet side mount because the visor is always in the view. I usually deshake my helmet camera footage so the horizon stays smoother, but then the visor bounces up and down.

The top mount looks dorky, but it works well as long as you remember you are filming and look at what you want to film.

The chest mount is too low for my tastes. We are recreational riders and sit about half the time. The chest mount view is mostly blocked by the handlebars unless you are standing. It is more convenient to operate than a helmet mount.

The chin mount sounds like a good option, but I have never seen one. Can someone post some photos and instructions on how you mount to the chin?

I use an old helmet and goop it up some silicone. This adds a little shock proofing and allows the camera to break free in a crash.

Use the front helmet mount from gopro and I use the open back door covered with electrical tape.

normal_DSC05041.JPG

normal_DSC05036.JPG

This is the 960 setting.

That chin mount does give a nice perspective.

I love the way almost all GoPro videos start out - with someone looking into the camera and they say; "the red light is blinking".

The new Hero2 has an LED on the back. I wonder if you can see that LED while wearing the helmet, thus eliminating the need for that introductory statement.

I covered the holes in the rear door with clear laminate, so I would still be able to see the camera inside the housing.

GoPro 960 model

Under the visor / 720 16:9 wide screen 30fps

Under visor or on the chin portion of the helmet is the best view IMO.

My 1st under visor mounted vid with 720 setting -

http://vimeo.com/30550009

I dont like watching chin mount videos unless the rider is really focused and not looking around too much

That chin mount does give a nice perspective.

I love the way almost all GoPro videos start out - with someone looking into the camera and they say; "the red light is blinking".

The new Hero2 has an LED on the back. I wonder if you can see that LED while wearing the helmet, thus eliminating the need for that introductory statement.

I covered the holes in the rear door with clear laminate, so I would still be able to see the camera inside the housing.

Yeah, or people could just EDIT their videos:bonk: I actually thought it was funny though.

My Hero2 also beeps when I start or stop recording. You can turn it off or make it quieter, too. I leave it on because I have mine mounted on the side of my helmet.

If you're going to use the open back plate but then cover the holes with clear plastic, why not just use the solid door? Unless you're talking about really thin stuff.

Yeah, or people could just EDIT their videos:bonk: I actually thought it was funny though.

My Hero2 also beeps when I start or stop recording. You can turn it off or make it quieter, too. I leave it on because I have mine mounted on the side of my helmet.

If you're going to use the open back plate but then cover the holes with clear plastic, why not just use the solid door? Unless you're talking about really thin stuff.

The original GoPro also beeps, but it is sometimes hard to hear.

The covered open door picks up audio quiet well. I use the solid back on river trips, and it really muffles the sound. The thin laminate just helps keep the dust out.