Sign in to follow this  

YZ Shocks: 16 vs 18 mm rod

hey guys.

I got 2 offers for my YZ 125 05, which got a 16 rod stock.

firstly: shock out of a 250f 05, also 16 rod

secondly: shouck out of a 125 06, which got the 18 rod

Well, for testing it would be better to buy the first shock because I can compare different settings properly.

So the question is whether the 18 rod shock got some advantages which would make me to buy it despite my testintentions:confused:

The '06 is a better shock. Besides the stronger shaft, it has a larger main piston and larger valves, which offer better performance and control. A small difference in some cases, quite significant in others.

The '06 is a better shock. Besides the stronger shaft, it has a larger main piston and larger valves, which offer better performance and control. A small difference in some cases, quite significant in others.

I agree -06 shock is better and 18mm shaft is stronger but -05 and -06 have same size pistons and valves.

hey guys.

I got 2 offers for my YZ 125 05, which got a 16 rod stock.

firstly: shock out of a 250f 05, also 16 rod

secondly: shouck out of a 125 06, which got the 18 rod

Well, for testing it would be better to buy the first shock because I can compare different settings properly.

So the question is whether the 18 rod shock got some advantages which would make me to buy it despite my testintentions:confused:

It's up to you which one you choose, both are good when set properly. If you are going to buy -06 shock you have to know stock stacks to compare them and keep -06 stacks as a starting point.:busted: