Carnegie svra

California

Perhaps we could use a new thread for Carnegie SVRA. The other threads seem to be for specific questions. Maybe this could be general information. Any thoughts? I'll start:

Carnegie SVRA is located at:

18600 Corral Hollow Road

Tracy, California 95376

Super cool place to ride, but it can be horrible during the rainy season.

Why havent i seen a Hare Scramble there yet?

I believe the Hare Scramble was canceled this year. I'm not sure if it was due to the fire restoration efforts but I would expect to see it back on this coming year.

I believe the Hare Scramble was canceled this year. I'm not sure if it was due to the fire restoration efforts but I would expect to see it back on this coming year.

wasent due to the fire, , other "issues" but the Old Crow HS was there for years and years.

Ah. Political issues. Somebody can't play well together?

You would think the money that a HS can draw they would have one every month. I would sure go everytime reguardless of the cost. Gas to get to the Reno HS in a truck was tough so paying a bit more would be worth it.

You would think the money that a HS can draw they would have one every month. I would sure go everytime reguardless of the cost. Gas to get to the Reno HS in a truck was tough so paying a bit more would be worth it.

Wilseyville HS this weekend BY FAR THE BEST HS IN Ca, maybe the entire west, be there!!! if you want some true awesome trail

If we could all get along, the other half of Carnegie would be open for riding.

"Currently in planning" is code for lawsuits are keeping the area closed.

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1172

TERRAIN

With more than 1,500 acres of riding area, Carnegie offers a variety of terrain. Characterized by dry rocky washes, rolling hills and steep, rugged canyons, the park provides a setting for off-highway vehicle users of all skill levels.

A LOOK TO THE FUTURE...

In 1998 more than 3,000 acres located west of the current riding area were purchased by the state as part of Carnegie SVRA. The Alameda-Tesla Expansion Project will provide increased OHV recreational opportunities at Carnegie SVRA including a multiple use (i.e., motorcycles, ATVs, 4x4 vehicles, sports utility vehicles) trail system, a 4x4 vehicle obstacle course, a day-use staging area, and interpretive and informational facilities.

Currently in the planning phase, this project has received considerable input from OHV user groups, adjacent landowners and a variety of regulatory agencies. Because the property contains sensitive cultural and natural resources, it is imperative that visitors adhere to the "trail riding only" requirement once the area is opened. With the continued support of OHV enthusiasts this significant addition to Carnegie SVRA and to the statewide SVRA system will ensure that riding opportunities are available for years to come.