Sign in to follow this  

How many kicks to start your fuel injected 450?

usually 3 when cold and 1 - 2 when warm.

Easiest kick-starting four-stroke big bike I've rode.

usually 3 when cold and 1 - 2 when warm.

Easiest kick-starting four-stroke big bike I've rode.

ditto. Both my 09 and my 11 start that way. My 09 Honda wasn't quite as pleasant for few agonizing months that I owned it. :busted:

when i bought my 09 the guy at the dealership told me it would take 3 kicks because it needs to charge something for the fuel injection to work or something like that. i didnt really care what he had to say cause all i saw was a nice new bike sitting in front of me that was mine. but he was right, takes 3 kicks if its been sitting and usually starts on the first kick if its warm

The bike is designed to be started in one kick. As you start down on the lever, it first energizes the ECU and ignition followed by the fuel pump. The capacitor just behind throttle body helps to give a little bump. I am just like everyone else, 2-3 when cold and 1-2 when hot dpending on how bad the moto before kicked by butt. The magnets on these bikes are so strong and it is really impressive how they can generate the required power with such low rotational speed on the crank. Oh, and the flywheel weighs nothing.

when i bought my 09 the guy at the dealership told me it would take 3 kicks because it needs to charge something for the fuel injection to work or something like that. i didnt really care what he had to say cause all i saw was a nice new bike sitting in front of me that was mine. but he was right, takes 3 kicks if its been sitting and usually starts on the first kick if its warm

Same, takes 3 when cold to get the electronics powered up and 1 kick when warm, sometimes 2 if I get a half ass kick at first.

Started 4th kick today in 40 degree weather. When warm 1st or 2nd kick.

this is the first injected bike ive owned and i kick I 2012 KX450F like a 250 and it fires up always on 2nd or 3rd kick.

when warm, providing im on the right stroke it will fire first kick. in the forest im on my way before the guys with electric starts have even pressed the button! very happy!

Mine starts on the first kick warm and the third when it is cold. I am about 145lbs though, so I stand up and pull all of my weight in it when the piston is TDC

Usually starts on the 1st kick when warm or a couple if the bike has been sitting for a few days

It´s even easier to start than my old 09 250! Very happy about that.