Clutch not dis-engaging

I start the bike from neutral, and kick into 1st with the clutch lever pulled and it hits into gear and kills the engine. I also cant move the bike to well in gear and the clutch lever pulled. Its got a new clutch cable and I have played with the adjustments and no difference. Got the cover pulled right now, what should I look for? Any thoughts?

sorry to hear that, push lever I'd have a look at that. Do you have pressure on the clutch lever?

Did u play with the adjustment part of the cable that's not on the perch? I found that to help out when I put a new clutch and cable on my yz250. But since you have it apart check the plates and see if there are like any wear. But I'd adjust the cable first.

Yea good amount of pressure, I messed with both adjusters. Just took a fine look at the basket and the edges of the slots look a little hollowed out, not super bad but I am going to try and file them down smooth.

Yea good amount of pressure, I messed with both adjusters. Just took a fine look at the basket and the edges of the slots look a little hollowed out, not super bad but I am going to try and file them down smooth.

I definitely would file those down. Also.how does you inner hub look? Or they call it a clutch boss.if you see notching in your inner hub I would replace it. Also look.at your pressure plate for any warpage.

Clutch boss has notching as well, Can i file them down too? Will measure everything later.

Clutch boss has notching as well, Can i file them down too? Will measure everything later.

Ummmm you can but i its going to last a very long time and it may take some time but im not sure, i never seen anyone file their inner hub. You can pick an OEM one up for cheap.

For example This is for a 2001 yz250 and you will see # 7 which is the inner hub. And if you need a basket and then that is #6. Not to bad of prices but i recomend a hinson basket with the OEM inner hub

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?partcategory=292451&manufacturer=6&category=3&year=2001&model=7098

Yea I would like to buy new parts but I am a starving college student. Going to measure and clean everything up tomorrow and try to run it for now, the clutch was just working ok so I think with a little work it should function ok. Here's a good write up on the clutch filing..

http://www.ktm495.mxbikes.com/clutch/

Yea I would like to buy new parts but I am a starving college student. Going to measure and clean everything up tomorrow and try to run it for now, the clutch was just working ok so I think with a little work it should function ok. Here's a good write up on the clutch filing..

http://www.ktm495.mxbikes.com/clutch/

Check that out, you can file tht down hahaha my bad dude i didnt know you could do that

Fixed! Did everything on that write up and now it functions properly and smoother. Took the die-grinder and a stone bit to the basket... a lot faster, and the hand file to everything else.

Fixed! Did everything on that write up and now it functions properly and smoother. Took the die-grinder and a stone bit to the basket... a lot faster, and the hand file to everything else.

Cool man!!!! Now go ride that beast!!!!:busted: