717 conditions?

Colorado

Anyone in the area know what the trail looks like? Contemplating a day ride with the wife. A little shady ice/snow is doable, but if most of the trail is packed I'll likely pass.

Appreciate any local input (Ryan???)

Anyone in the area know what the trail looks like? Contemplating a day ride with the wife. A little shady ice/snow is doable, but if most of the trail is packed I'll likely pass.

Appreciate any local input (Ryan???)

Bits of snow and ice on the N slopes and shaded areas, but I would say it is doable. If the winds and temps a good this weekend, it should be even better. YMMV

Good luck! :busted:

Thank you sir, was hoping you'd chime in. Looks like i've been booked for tomorrow, so we may try the day after turkey day if weather holds.

Any update? It looked like there was new snow at the higher elevations two days ago. Not sure if 717 would have gotten snow or rain...:lol:

Not sure if 717 would have gotten snow or rain...:lol:

We didnt get anything - last snow we had was like 2 weeks ago. In fact, the snow has been melting at a good clip - although the shaded areas will still have some. As long as youre not haulin a$$ in the trees, you should be just fine. Take it slow(er) and easy(er). GTG :) YMMV

Thanks for the info! Supposed to be 59* up there tomorrow...:):lol:

Friday isn't looking so good, was planning on a day ride but snow is in the forecast. I mght have to wait another week.

Went to 717 today. Decent amount of snow/ice anywhere it was shady. Shoulda went to Penrose...