Padding Up

After two years of being away from it i think im going to get back in to racing motocross. Now when i use to race i really wasn't too concerned about gear i usually just rode with pants, jersey, boots, helmet goggles, and gloves. Since its been awhile since i have been on a track or hit a jump i want to have the right gear. Im wondering out side of what i listed above what do you guys use or would reccommend using for protection under the pants and jersey? I want somthing that will work good but isnt going to hinder my movement too much.

Edited by Kmiller2723

chest protector, kidney belt, knee pads/braces, elbow pads...

the more you wear the less it hurts when you crash...and no matter how uncomfortable the gear is while riding it is waaaayyy more comfortable than a cast or hospital bed...

Recommend you have a look at the EVS Revo5 chest/back protector. It's light, effective, accepts a neck brace, and not too expensive. Comfortable, too.

chest protector, kidney belt, knee pads/braces, elbow pads...

the more you wear the less it hurts when you crash...and no matter how uncomfortable the gear is while riding it is waaaayyy more comfortable than a cast or hospital bed...

Agreeed

I use a Thor Impact Rig SE , plenty of protection for upper body , plus it has a kidney belt and chest and spine protector ,shoulder , elbow and forearm guards and its made of mesh so it breaths , i bought this for Off-Road , but i find it works well on the MX track and i dont really know i am wearing anything , its not restrictive at all and pretty light

http://www.thormx.com/product.jsp?path=3224,3230,3251,11433

I dont really pad lower , i dont even wear knee braces (probably should as my knees are crap) , but i TRY to tuck and roll when i do crash , so far so good !