best 2 stroke repair/builder

I've recently blown my bottom end on my 03 cr125 , i was going to get a big bore kit for it anyways. how much is the bottom end going to cost me to fix, sounds like its grinding gears down there. at the same time i want the big bore.

so who can do this complete engine rebuild without clearing out my bank? give me options please

do it yourself, its not that hard or complicated with the right tools. any place you go will cost a small fortune, the going labor rate is about 60-70 bucks an hour and assume 3 hours minimum labor, so 21o bucks in labor alone, plus parts which could be alot, then put on $400 bucks for a big bore with piston kit, so your looking at a minimum of about a grand in parts and labor, plus with a shop they are going to replace every bearing even if there still good because the work is semi warrented, so that costs more. like i said, your cheapest option is to learn how to do it your self.

mail me ur engine Ill do the labor for free. my guess would be about a grand in parts for big bore new bearings gaskets and stuff. i have been dying to buy and use ceramic bearings are you game? well anyways thats my offer

gktm300@gmail.com

ceramic bearings might be a bad idea because of the way they wear the might self destruct do your research first it might work

Call Eric Gorr. He does a big bore stroker kit on a 125 for about a grand. You don't need to do the stroker kit but if he would do at bb stroker kit for that, you would probably get him to rebuild your bottom end/tranny for about that without the stroker kit and you would have the piece of mind of having had your motor rebuilt by the best.

Eric Gorr does a 144cc big bore kit for just over $500 (cylinder bore, re-plate, piston kit and porting). Wiseco sells a complete bottom end kit for less than $200 (crank shaft, main bearings, main seals and gaskets)

ive been trying to contact Eric for about a week, multiple e-mails and phone calls, and still no reply. i was gonna get a big bore kit for my kids bike but i guess he doesn't like money

Eric Gorr does a 144cc big bore kit for just over $500 (cylinder bore, re-plate, piston kit and porting). Wiseco sells a complete bottom end kit for less than $200 (crank shaft, main bearings, main seals and gaskets)

ive been trying to contact Eric for about a week, multiple e-mails and phone calls, and still no reply. i was gonna get a big bore kit for my kids bike but i guess he doesn't like money

I have never had any trouble getting a hold of him. Don't waste your time with email, call him. I can get him on the phone any time I want. He is a one man show and is very busy, just be persistant and you will get him.

hey guys do you think us chrome should warranty this cylinder, if they won't whats my best option for reliability sake?

the repaired a little crack on the right sub exhaust port (welded machined honed pated) when i rebuilt my whole motor last march this cylinder was matched to the piston i sent in with in when it was fixed, at the time Ken Oconnor had my engine, so at 30hours i took it apart to find this

this shouldn't happen

bike is a 2001 honda cr250, my squish is set for this cylinder and it has some port work done to the intake and transfers ( not exhaust)

cylender.jpg

cylendeycrack.jpg

Didn't you just make this exact same thread a week ago?

The cylinder shouldn't have cracked in the first place, so it probably had a defect in it anyways. Welding aluminum is difficult, and unless they absolutely ground down every little bit of the crack before welding, it would crack again, and even if they did it might still.

Didn't you just make this exact same thread a week ago?

The cylinder shouldn't have cracked in the first place, so it probably had a defect in it anyways. Welding aluminum is difficult, and unless they absolutely ground down every little bit of the crack before welding, it would crack again, and even if they did it might still.

Yeah this is about the same cylinder.

OP, send it in but imho I would not run it even if they did repair it for free. As stated above me^, the cylinder should not have cracked like this in the first place and you're taking a big risk by using it again even when repaired.....again.

If you never tore a motor down, dont start now. Although a 2 stroke is much easier then a 4, you have to know what you are doing or you will throw your money away. Give a Joel MacDonald at JMD Pro Porting a call in Bayville NJ. He has 30 years in the business and he will go over the best options with you without bankrupting you. He is a professional engine builder and backs his work. I would keep a stock bore and do some porting instead.