2011 ktm running badly

I'm new to the ktm world but I just had the bike jetted and a new slip on fmf pipe Put on. It was done in la but now I've moved to big bear. The bike bogs out in every gear and pops like crazy. What should I do?

your timing could be off if its misfiring, bogging can be jetting, or your ring and piston needs some replacement. id check the jetting settings of your carb and try tightening your cam chain.

be more specific. what kind of ktm 250sxf ? 350sxf?

It's a brand new. Ktm 530 exc.

This is definitly a jetting issue. I am not a jetting expert so I would recommend you contact JD at JD Jet kits, tell him your make/model and provide some general information ie. elevation and he will give you the spot on settings. You have gone from sea level to a significant altitude so the air is thinner, thus you need to reduce the amount of fuel. The bike is bogging because it's getting too much fuel relative to air.

Since you moved from LA to Big Bear you need to lean the bike out a little. The first thing you can try is dropping the needle by raising the clip 1 or 2 positions and then change the main jet to smaller one ( I would drop 2 sizes). You should also pull the FMF can off and make and use some of the HI-Temp copper gasket sealer on that fitting. This will help the with the popping.

Again JD will give you the jetting specifics.

I know this isn't helpful but KTM stands for "keeps taking money" get use to it.

Are.you.that.stupid_640.jpg

pull your spark plug, what color is it? mess with the air fuel mixture screw at all? dig into the mofo and find out what clip its on. go down a clip, see if that does anything, then go up one(above where it was origanally at) reccord everything, fuel mixture settings, jetting. make sure your jets are clean too. although it may be new, how long did it sit on the floor. gas life is 3 months before it starts getting thick.

Actually, I'm usually the guy who has to tow them back to the truck, honestly this has been my experience, no BS here, I'd buy a Beta before the KTM. To each there own and ride what you want.

But beta uses last gen ktm engines.... so... :busted:

its a jetting issue i dont get why these other guys are saying rings,spark plug and such. you elevation changed so it all has to do with your fuel to air ratio.

its a jetting issue i dont get why these other guys are saying rings,spark plug and such. you elevation changed so it all has to do with your fuel to air ratio.

That guy is retarded, your spark plug tells you if your running lean or rich, itts dead on spot if it looks like chocoalate milk, if its black your too rich, if your light tan or tan your way tooo lean.

My jetting allows for me to ride from see level to 10000+ feet without running like that.... To bad when you turn over your bike to someone thinking it will be done right it ends up taking more of your time.