Sign in to follow this  

led turn signal problem, need help

My bike: 05 XT225

Current setup: led signals front and rear, led flasher relay from custom led (0.05a minimum requirement)

Okay well with the led relay and stock signals up front everything works great, the front signals act as running lights and flash when they should. The rear signals are single circuit so they only light up when flashing

With all four led's hooked up (front are dual circuit so act as running lights and should flash brighter when turn signal is on) I have a weird problem. Both front and rear 3 led bulbs light up when no signal is selected. When I select the turn signal the 3 bulbs on either side front and rearlight up brighter but do not flash and none of the other led bulbs light up at all.

With the factory front signals the rear are off completely and when flasher is selected all the bulbs light up and flash as they should.

I am completely dumbfounded as to what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Spencer

I am guessing that you got the wiring mixed up. Do your led blinkers have two wires (red & black)

The blue wires of the front blinkers are for the running lights. The led turn signals won't do running lights, unless you buy a separate kit for it or have a 3 wire blinker set for the front.

I am guessing that you got the wiring mixed up. Do your led blinkers have two wires (red & black)

The blue wires of the front blinkers are for the running lights. The led turn signals won't do running lights, unless you buy a separate kit for it or have a 3 wire blinker set for the front.

My front led blinkers are duasl circuit (3 wire) made to have dim and bvright feature so they act as running lights. I have tried swapping the wiring atround every which way up front with no success. I got two 10w 10 ohm resistors I am going to wire in and see if that fixes the problem since everrything works just fine with the factory front incandesent signals hooked up

Thanks,

Spencer