Front Disk Rotor

Was checking the bike over and noticed some play in the front disk rotor, first question it that right? My first answer is no. Is there are way of tightening it up?

The whole set up seems a bit bit to flimsy, so has anyone replaced it with something better.

Cheers

Thats normal , it's a 'floating ' disc. Mine is the same way. Never a problem.

it is designed like that so it won't warp like a pepperoni when it expands

And so it wont break from a sudden impact. Thats why they do not come stock with a disc guard.

And so it wont break from a sudden impact. Thats why they do not come stock with a disc guard.

:lol:

:)

In rocky new england, you NEED a disc guard and I went with the Acerbis set up. A little pricey buy it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin' [heard that somewhere :banghead:]:lol:

In rocky new england, you NEED a disc guard and I went with the Acerbis set up. A little pricey buy it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin' [heard that somewhere :banghead:]:lol:

bent my front disk the other weekend. I need to pick one of these up

Just from a little roost job guys not a crash or bolder bashing. It will deflect a lot more than a solid disc.:lol:

:lol:

Yeah, I was in Pachaug this past Sunday and went through a few "boneyards". Glad I had it on and consider it a critical part of the "armor":thumbsup:

After a chat with a mechanic, it seems that the rivets that hold the rotor together have worn. The play feels excessive, so I'm going to get a new one.

Any thoughts or going for a solid disk, or an oversized rotor instead of the orginal

Cheers

i never heard of those becoming worn but what do i know...anyways you can find a couple stock ones on ebays for cheap look up kx450 to not just klx. you can always go aftermarket

Go with a vented one, not solid. Those vents are there to keep the rotor from overheating and warping the disk. Stock or aftermarket should be fine:thumbsup:

If you are a SERIOUS off-roader...consider a solid disc in the rear...its tougher, and it is superb in really muddy, gritty conditions. Your brake pad life will double.