2003 Service Honda CR500AF durability

I'm getting my 500 ready to be sold. I brought it over to a local 500 expert to have him look it over so I can turn it over to a new owner ready to go.

I have two motors that I rotate so that I dont have to sit around not being able to ride IF the thing ever goes belly up.

Thing is, it never did. I showed him a cylinder I used for two years straight. It still has the cross hatches in it! He measured everything out and tells me put a new piston in it for grins.

The other cylinder has been in it for 8 months, awesome shape (I did expect this), tells me to put in rings only just because.

These motors are the cheapest most trouble free motor you will EVER own. I will likely kick myself for getting rid of it but I made up my mind to move on after 5 years of just plain grinning. Thank you CR500!

What do the Service Hondas go for used?

They only go for about $500, I suppose I could take it off your hands. :busted:

I was at the dunes last weekend and a couple guys were on stock CR500's pulling wheelies everywhere. I will have one some day.

Why are you selling it?

I've had it for 5 years and it's time for something new. Bought a new bike and need to pay for it. I recommend the bike HIGHLY to anyone. I dont know why people are so scared of them...it's been a wonderful experience:worthy:

• 2 weeks later...
I recommend the bike HIGHLY to anyone. I dont know why people are so scared of them...it's been a wonderful experience

Yeah, the CR500 is actually an easy bike to ride.

You can lug it around, and you don't always have to keep it in the powerband.

The seat is very comfortable.

Suspension is nice too.

The only bad thing about a CR500 ---> it's hard to start sometimes.

( Hard to kick over for a light rider )

I loved my 2000 CR500. It was great. Now I have a 2005 CR250R.

My 250 is more of a challenge to ride. Not as forgiving, but just as capable.

You gotta work it. Nice thing about the 250... very easy to kickstart!

?

• 4 weeks later...
Did you ever put the 500 up for sale?

Just put it up for sale minutes ago in the classifieds here on TT plus on Craigslist.

I took it from the workshop and put it in the garage. Now I get to drool while walking past it multiple times a day. Honda builds some good looking machines:thumbsup: