weird noise in engine.

Well we got back from the Desert and heard a weird noise in the engine. Just got the bad news. My buddy took the engine apart and found that the crank broke and came apart. That's just the beginning. Needs new piston, cylinder need to be re honed, new bearing, new gaskets. Why would something like this happen? Possible over reving the engine? I just know that my son has a big expense coming up.

Well we got back from the Desert and heard a weird noise in the engine. Just got the bad news. My buddy took the engine apart and found that the crank broke and came apart. That's just the beginning. Needs new piston, cylinder need to be re honed, new bearing, new gaskets. Why would something like this happen? Possible over reving the engine? I just know that my son has a big expense coming up.

There's a lot of reasons that could happen.. as far as re-honing the cylinder.. Umm it's plated so you need to have it replated.. how ever it's about the same cost and quicker to just buy a new cylinder from teambabits online then to send it in to be plated..

I have a spare cylinder that is in perfect condition, also have a cheap cast piston

OK this is what I need, if anyone as it laying around. I need a crank, I will get new seals and gaskets, OEM piston and Ring kit. Can anyone help me out? By the way, it is a 2007 kx250.

Edited by tazz3069

I have a crank...It looks good,although i don't KNOW that it is. It came out of a used '06 motor that I bought to use the case's.I'm sure it would be fine if you pressed a new rod on it or it might be ok just the way it is..Like i said it looks good,but who knows..I would be happy to send it your way for a few bucks to cover the shipping...if know one else has a better one, let me know..

2009 PRO-X 13.5:1 kx250f piston kit, I believe it fits, not positive though. I'd sell for $60 shipped.

Where in nevada are you? Im in Vegas...

I have a friend working on it already. There was a few more items that I needed to get for it. I just ordered everything that he needed. Thanks anyways for everyones help.

I live in the Southwest side of town. Sunset and Fort Apache

CHANGE YOUR OIL!!! you'll have no problems i have 160 hrs on the bottom end on my 250F and im not shy of the rev limiter!

CHANGE YOUR OIL!!! you'll have no problems i have 160 hrs on the bottom end on my 250F and im not shy of the rev limiter!

same here. i rev my bike like theres no tomorrow, just cause people think its gonna make your bike blow up. but mine has ran longer than all my friends bikes by far