Anyone Tried the Moto D Lap Timer???

I'm looking for a lap timer. Definitely don't want to have to press a button every lap, so an IR beacon/xmitter is the way to go. XT and AIM make IR units, but they're pretty expensive and don't seem to be made to mount on a dirtbike, so I'd need to rig something. The Moto D timer is a lot cheaper, though it doesn't have all the features or memory.Has anyone tried one, if so, what do you think?

http://motodracing.com/accessories.html#ecwid:category=460812&mode=product&product=7467718

I bought the same timer on ebay. It has worked good so far. The display is a good size and easy to read while riding. I have a one piece bar mount on my bike so I used a removable zip tie to fasten the IR receiver and the wires to that. I used the supplied velcro to mount the display to the crossbar pad. That way everything is removable for washing. The beacon has a decent range but I had a problem with sunlight messing with the signal. If it was facing the sun, it was inconsistent and didn't trip the timer. When I put it facing away, it worked perfect. The only thing I don't like about it is after you review your lap times, the memory resets when you set it back to timer mode. You can't beat it for the money. I have only used it about 6 or 7 times so I can't say how durable it is but so far so good. At least you can get the timer and beacon separate if something happens to them.

Looks awesome, wish I would have found this before I bought my LSP lap timer. $160 wasted because I never remember to push the button.

Garmin Forerunner 305 works well for me. You need to mark a position on the lap and then everytime you pass that position it records the lap time. As I ride the same track the whole time I don't have to reset the mark everytime I visit the track.

You can set the unit to display up to 4 items of information but I just display the last lap time.

The unit also records heart rate and saves everything in history for view on pc - speed, elevation etc. etc.

This looks like a sweet timer. How close do you have to be to the receiver for it to record your lap time?

I never tested how far away I could go but I had it about 15-20' away and it worked. When I first used it I actually had it too close and it wouldn't pick it up.