Anyone Tried the Moto D Lap Timer???

I'm looking for a lap timer. Definitely don't want to have to press a button every lap, so an IR beacon/xmitter is the way to go. XT and AIM make IR units, but they're pretty expensive and don't seem to be made to mount on a dirtbike, so I'd need to rig something. The Moto D timer is a lot cheaper, though it doesn't have all the features or memory.Has anyone tried one, if so, what do you think?

http://motodracing.com/accessories.html#ecwid:category=460812&mode=product&product=7467718

I bought the same timer on ebay. It has worked good so far. The display is a good size and easy to read while riding. I have a one piece bar mount on my bike so I used a removable zip tie to fasten the IR receiver and the wires to that. I used the supplied velcro to mount the display to the crossbar pad. That way everything is removable for washing. The beacon has a decent range but I had a problem with sunlight messing with the signal. If it was facing the sun, it was inconsistent and didn't trip the timer. When I put it facing away, it worked perfect. The only thing I don't like about it is after you review your lap times, the memory resets when you set it back to timer mode. You can't beat it for the money. I have only used it about 6 or 7 times so I can't say how durable it is but so far so good. At least you can get the timer and beacon separate if something happens to them.

Garmin Forerunner 305 works well for me. You need to mark a position on the lap and then everytime you pass that position it records the lap time. As I ride the same track the whole time I don't have to reset the mark everytime I visit the track.

You can set the unit to display up to 4 items of information but I just display the last lap time.

The unit also records heart rate and saves everything in history for view on pc - speed, elevation etc. etc.