Keihin 39mm fit DRZ400

It actually works out fine if you factor in the cost of a complete haulover (there are a number of threads that specify what you need to put the carb back in service) and you steer clear of the older FCR (with high miles and body wear).

That said, in my experience, your not saving a whole lot, but will learn a boatload about the carb you are putting in your bike.

I bought my FCR for $285. It was a used 01 E-model. I put all new jets in, new gaskets, O-rings, vent lines, vacuum port nipple, fuel lines, R&D flex screw, new throttle cables, and some misc. other parts. All said and done I'm into it about $425-450. Another $100 bucks and I could have bought a new one. Wouldn't have learned as much, which was well worth it, but could have saved a lot of time and headache tracking down parts and taking it on and off a half dozen times. Keep this in mind.

I bought my FCR for $285. It was a used 01 E-model. I put all new jets in, new gaskets, O-rings, vent lines, vacuum port nipple, fuel lines, R&D flex screw, new throttle cables, and some misc. other parts. All said and done I'm into it about $425-450. Another $100 bucks and I could have bought a new one. Wouldn't have learned as much, which was well worth it, but could have saved a lot of time and headache tracking down parts and taking it on and off a half dozen times. Keep this in mind.

As you can see it's a trade off buying used....and a crap shoot to add to the gamble...

Happy it worked out for you, :busted: it does not end up so well for many. :busted:

When they discover after spending $400 plus.. that there is a old aluminum fuel screw needle tip broken off in the carb body, or the seat is otherwise damaged when said needle tip was removed, or the cab body is worn out, or someone had soaked the cab body in carb cleaner and the mid body gasket is ruined, or stuck a piece of wire in a jet passage a ham handed attempt to clean the passage..damaging the body along the way. People are very inventful ,, they find all kinds of ways to ruin a carburetor.

Not to mention, many have worn parts that are not replaced and the end user can never get the jetting right using known good set ups.. and the assumption is ,, the jetting mix is wrong, when really the needle jet is worn, or the o ring around the needle seat is leaking, or.. lots of parts that need to be inspected and possible replaced on a rebuild