Sign in to follow this  

Almost got hit by car!

it happend at a 4way light but it was late ( 12:15 am) so one direction had a flashing yellow and the other had a flashing red. Speed limit was 35 on both intersecting roads. I was on the SM & I had the flashing yellow. Just as I got to the light ( there is a blind spot so I couldt see the car only it lights on the road) a van doing 45 completly blew threw the red! I had to swerve around it. I turned around real quick and chased him down. Thats how I new he was doing 45 becUse I had to maintain that speed to get his plate number. Called the po po, filed a report with an officer at my house and they went searching. Thats the 3rd time this year sombody either didnt see me or made me flip them off.

To many A$$hol3s on the road, u can't trust anyone.

Good thing your very observant, ecspecially that late and dark at night. Ride safe

Welcome to the world of motorcycling. You can expect near misses like this many more times in the future. keep your defensive driving skills up. To bad some people have to drive like idiots.

we put a lot of trust in a small flashing light 25 feet up in the air.. don't we ?

good thing you were aware. keep on trucking homie !

I had a close call yesterday riding home from work. I was in traffic on a 3 lane road through town just cruising. For some reason, 2 pedestrians tried to run across the road while there was a "gap in traffic". The van in front of me SLAMMED on brakes hardcore. I had a car on one side and a curb on the other and nearly ate bumper. I hate people sometimes.

I had a close call yesterday riding home from work. I was in traffic on a 3 lane road through town just cruising. For some reason, 2 pedestrians tried to run across the road while there was a "gap in traffic". The van in front of me SLAMMED on brakes hardcore. I had a car on one side and a curb on the other and nearly ate bumper. I hate people sometimes.

WOW!! thats a scary one. When there is no place to go ( left or right I mean ) that is when you slam the breaks and hope for the best

I love the sheepish "I'm sorry" waive I get from cagers after a near fatal example of their stupidity. Really? You're sorry? If I hadn't seen you diving into my lane, you would have run me over... and you're sorry? Just a tip: It's dark where you are because your HEAD IS UP YOUR A$$. :busted:

Yeah, a lady in a Corolla almost made my wife a widow yesterday, and I'm still bitter about it...

I've been nearly pasted plenty of times....hell, a month ago I was in the left lane of 3 northbound lanes and I had a guy in a Suburban in the middle lane, come from behind, ride next to me for a 1/2 mile, and then just merge into my lane. Thank God it wasn't a center rail, but a center meridian that I could jump up onto....or I would have been toast.

An unattentive cager can really ruin your day. The problem is, there's way too many of them out there.

The reality however is that there's only one sure fire way to avoid it: stop riding.

Ride safe! Glad you were ok in the end!