Hey Frostbite!

Yep, first of the season! I was going to mention that it was too cold for high speed stuff so I was just practicing the slower techniques, but Frostbite's youtube name is 40BelowBiker so I can't really complain!:busted:

Although by the end I was sweating pretty good and my goggles would fog up like crazy if I didn't speed up a little every once in a while.:busted:

This is going to be my first winter after getting into dirtbikes... It's going to be a long one...

Yep, first of the season! I was going to mention that it was too cold for high speed stuff so I was just practicing the slower techniques, but Frostbite's youtube name is 40BelowBiker so I can't really complain!:busted:

Although by the end I was sweating pretty good and my goggles would fog up like crazy if I didn't speed up a little every once in a while.?

This is going to be my first winter after getting into dirtbikes... It's going to be a long one...

There are several options for snow cleats in the winter. There are commercial screws made especially for this job, or you can go the cheap route like I do, and just use short sheet metal screws and washers to make your own. Riding in the winter is a bit different, but just as fun! :busted::bonk: My lower limit was 0 for the most part, but have ridden when it was -20 when I was in Alaska.

762SPR, great job on the balancing part... But I think the really difficult part of Frostbite's trick was getting the bike up there on that rock by himself in the first place..? I believe he said he did it because on another video of him balancing front tire high on a rack face, his brother saw a rock in the background and jokingly said he would be more impressed if he could do it on "THAT rock"... so he did. ? And it IS the same rock that was in the background.

Look at the rock in the background of this video...

Does it ruin your trials tires after you use them?

Not with the short sheet metal screws. I make sure I put a washer (or two) under them and they don't actually penetrate the tire, just into the nubs/ lugs of the tire. These are not as secure as the ones that go all the way through, and are not as aggressive in their "bite", but then I don't have to have two sets of tires.? I have had the screws in and out for two winters/ summers and will putting them back in soon. Although I'm due for new tires, it's from age/ weather cracking, not the screws. ?

?

Anybody got some good tips form lifting the front and back wheels while stationary? I've been working on that, and so far I've gotten up to a couple of front lifts without touching, but it's hard to do them consecutively and I always find myself working backwards and turning when I just keep bouncing... rear wheel lifts... =\

I actually rotated my bars about 10 degrees past vertical and that helped, I think it's because I'm 6'2". Should I look into getting clamps to move my bars forward?

?

Anybody got some good tips form lifting the front and back wheels while stationary? I've been working on that, and so far I've gotten up to a couple of front lifts without touching, but it's hard to do them consecutively and I always find myself working backwards and turning when I just keep bouncing... rear wheel lifts... =\

I actually rotated my bars about 10 degrees past vertical and that helped, I think it's because I'm 6'2". Should I look into getting clamps to move my bars forward?

They have some video tips on the Trials Training Center web site about front and rear wheel hops.. Look for their "How to Ride" section.

http://trialstrainingcenter.com/how-to-ride-motorcycle-trials/hopping/

And I believe the first Ryan Young "Trials Training Techniques and Cross Training Tools" video shows them in detail:

https://secure.rypusa.com/prodpage.cfm?cat_selected=84&product_selected=84&startrow=1

If you have a Gas Gas, early model before they added the Raga single bolt clamp design, the bar clamps are designed to be turned around to move the mount forward or rearward about 1/2 to 3/4 inch.

And in case anyone asks, I learned all about this from Laser17... Honest!! ?

The clam shell bar clamps are asymetrical as well and can be flipped to tune reach. I prefer the old big blocky Hebo/VMAR style as they clamp the bar far better than the clam shell or S3 style. I learned that the hard way - it really sucks jumping off a rock and spinning the bars. ?

2-Ply forgot more than I'll ever know about O-ring and rubber seal lubrication.?

Thanks, This is on my 2001 315r and I believe it has a single bolt keeping the clamp on the triple. I might be able to flip them around, but I'll have to check.

In the TTC videos 2Ply posted when he is doing it with just one leg, even that doesn't work very well for me. I'm probably just doing it all wrong, but it seems like when I see it done the suspension is much more springy than mine is. I know my left fork is low on oil, but wouldn't that make it have less dampening rather than more? My right fork's rebound adjustment is at like 2 clicks I think and factory I believe is 3 with 1 being the least dampening (I think). So yeah, I probably can't blame the bike...? I should try the good old video method to see what I'm actually doing wrong...