Sign in to follow this  

Which 250F for 6,2' 187 lb (85 kg)?

Which 250F for 6,2' 187 lb (85 kg)?

Hey all,Im looking for a 2008-2011 250F just not sure which brand/year would suit me better.

Im 37 and have been getting back into bikes over the last couple of years riding china pitbikes and my klx 300 but its time for something more serious. It would mostly be bush riding, wheelies and donuts the bush is quite tight around my property

I had ago on my mates yzf 450 2010and loved that.I loved the power and was not scared to start throwing it around within minutes, was very easy too handleI just dont know any one with 250's i could test ride I would get a 450 but want something lighter for navigating thru bush

Would my height and weight suit any 250f ?

im in Tassie and expecting to spend 4-5k

Well ya a 250f would haul you around just fine.. but a 450 would pry be better for you.. or you could try a 250 2 stroke.. great bikes with the same hp as a 450 but the same weight as a 250f

I've ridden 250f's and they haul my 225lbs just fine. I have a friend who rides a CRF250x and he's probably closer to 250lbs, I don't see weight as an issue. I have only ridden the KX250F, which impressed me, and sat on the others. The RMZ is the only one that feels slightly cramped for my 6'1" frame, but if I could move the bars forward a little it would be fine too.

Well if my weight and height isnt an issue thats great....

I really like the bottom and mid pull of the four strokes so not reeaally keen on a 2 stroke otherwise a nice light 125 would have been fine..''

Im leaning towards a 2010 crf 250... nice bike , apparently not many issuses, or a KFX 2010 I have heard (for what thats worth) that crfs have top end issues and KFX bottom, id rather deal with top end issues,, but thats just talk...

so,, im thinkin that i will have to throw about $5000 to get a nice CRF

and yes.... a 450 would be great but i have tight treed bush... and im thinking i would end up wrapped around 1 of those trees :bonk:if i got a 450... so maybe i will get 1 a bit later after getting used to a 250f 1st

the new rm-z's are renown for their turn on a dime handling I have an 04, i'm 6'3" and weight 220 without gear, and i use mine both as a track and off road bike, bike is at home on the track, but adapted well to goat trail type single tracks. The reliability will never be an issue if you do your maintenance. And the newer rm-z's are power houses, but so effortless to ride is what i keep hearing. Have yet to have an issue with my suzuki leaving me stranded on the side of a mountain or track.

What are the pros and cons between the 08, 09, and 2010 yzf250's ???

basically same bike..... 10 got major cosmetic makeover...

What are the pros and cons between the 08, 09, and 2010 yzf250's ???

The con's are the engine doesn't pull all the way to the rev limiter like a few of the other 250f's. It does have good low end and middle. 2) cockpit kinda smallish. if your tall it'll need taller bars and move the bar clamps forward.

the pros are numerous: 1) most reliable and longest lasting of all of them

2) best stock suspension of all of them 3) turns pretty well once diealed in

There's all kinds of knowledge on the yzf250 forum as this bike has been refined continously over the years.

Well if my weight and height isnt an issue thats great....

I really like the bottom and mid pull of the four strokes so not reeaally keen on a 2 stroke otherwise a nice light 125 would have been fine..''

Im leaning towards a 2010 crf 250... nice bike , apparently not many issuses, or a KFX 2010 I have heard (for what thats worth) that crfs have top end issues and KFX bottom, id rather deal with top end issues,, but thats just talk...

so,, im thinkin that i will have to throw about $5000 to get a nice CRF

and yes.... a 450 would be great but i have tight treed bush... and im thinking i would end up wrapped around 1 of those trees :bonk:if i got a 450... so maybe i will get 1 a bit later after getting used to a 250f 1st

If you're not planning on doing MX, and the 450 is too much for your tight trails, why not go for a trail specific 2t?

FWIW, a 250 2t has more power than a 250f EVERYWHERE. Bottom, mid, and top. A 200/300 smoker will be more reliable, cheaper to buy, and cheaper to own than a 250 thumper. IMO the 250f is the most unreliable bike available today.

All IMO, of course.

If you're not planning on doing MX, and the 450 is too much for your tight trails, why not go for a trail specific 2t?

FWIW, a 250 2t has more power than a 250f EVERYWHERE. Bottom, mid, and top. A 200/300 smoker will be more reliable, cheaper to buy, and cheaper to own than a 250 thumper. IMO the 250f is the most unreliable bike available today.

All IMO, of course.

Well its a very good point but the 2t are quite a bit louder. I was tossing up whether to get a jap 125. I could just get a cheap 125 and sell her if she doesnt cut it.

Well its a very good point but the 2t are quite a bit louder. I was tossing up whether to get a jap 125. I could just get a cheap 125 and sell her if she doesnt cut it.

My ktm 200 is quieter than any 4t mx bike i have heard....