Sign in to follow this  

transmission parts interchangable years

im looking on ebay for a shift fork and 2 gear for my 01 rm 125 and i was wondering if any other year will interchange so i can expand the search and maybe ge a whole trans set

The parts you need aren't that expensive new. I pesonally wouldn't buy used tranny parts from Ebay.

My 125 is down for the tranny right now and 2nd gear is $74.95 and the shift for is $53.90. I would not get used tranny grears off e-bay. Just buy one gear at a time untill you get what is needed to fix the bike.

If e-bay works for you, then look for 01, 02 & 03 tranny parts. I have not researched if the 04-07 parts are the same. They mite work or may not.

Edited by Padgett
added comment

My 125 is down for the tranny right now and 2nd gear is $74.95 and the shift for is $53.90. I would not get used tranny grears off e-bay. Just buy one gear at a time untill you get what is needed to fix the bike.

Did I read in another post you have a couple RM's down with tranny problems right now?

Your lucky gears are that cheap pover in the US I just priced gears for my 250 they are £79 which is about $110 . And i need a shift drum thats gonna be expensive ..

Did I read in another post you have a couple RM's down with tranny problems right now?

Yes you did. The RM125 is down and one of the RM250s busted 3rd gear when it chunck the rod into 3 pieces. No, I was not riding the bikes when they went south, my teenage son was :busted:. He rides with no mercy like a two stroke was designed to be rode. It was time for the 125 to go, it had been acting up for about 3 months. Now the 250 was one of those flukes that may never happen again. It just gave up in mid air over big double. He saved the landing :busted:.