Sign in to follow this  

Supercross RacerX top riders

very interesting way to look at it. and to be honest i kinda feel its fair! i would however give the perfect season a bit more weight. but its close enough. how do you guys feel on this? no bashing!

web based list

http://www.racerxonline.com/2011/11/16/bench-racing-ammo-top-100-ama-riders

actual excel file with points break down

http://email.racerxonline.com/images/AMARankings.xls

the points i would change. unless I'm reading this wrong you get more points for getting second in a championship at .25 than a win at .1!! seems a bit wrong.

side note look at kdub's seconds! dude is a beast and it just sux that he raced the same time as RC! he would have a ton more wins if it were not for that guy! :busted: got to love kdub!

Edited by tdoshi9

very interesting way to look at it. and to be honest i kinda feel its fair! i would however give the perfect season a bit more weight. but its close enough. how do you guys feel on this? no bashing!

web based list

http://www.racerxonline.com/2011/11/16/bench-racing-ammo-top-100-ama-riders

actual excel file with points break down

http://email.racerxonline.com/images/AMARankings.xls

the points i would change. unless I'm reading this wrong you get more points for getting second in a championship at .25 than a win at .1!! seems a bit wrong.

side note look at kdub's seconds! dude is a beast and it just sux that he raced the same time as RC! he would have a ton more wins if it were not for that guy! :busted: got to love kdub!

Its hard to say. I think its close as far as numbers go, but doesn't account for time in sport and stuff like that. plus the rookie value is a little low. I think that they should seperate the system into SX and MX as that would provide better judgement.:busted:

I agree with the list. Every one of the top 5 riders would be contenders if they raced today

I agree with the list. Every one of the top 5 riders would be contenders if they raced today

How many times do you think Stewart could try "Racing is rubbing" with Hannah? :busted:

I wouldn't consider it a perfect statistical analysis. But, it's pretty darn good. Most tweaks I would make wouldn't really change the outcome much, and it's all opinion anyway.

It really puts in perspective the achievements of riders across several decades, very cool.

Interesting article and point system.....Flawed and worthless but fun.

Swap positions for Johnson with Hannah and I would agree 100% with the top 4 just on my own oppinion.

What I don't see in the points list is the Des Nations titles... Put that into the mix and Jeff Ward easily jumps into the top 5 surpassing Stanton and Stewart.

Also, no World Championship titles?..... Thats a shame if not, I don't see it. No way DeCoster should sit in 20th place.:busted:

it should be simple .......... just count how many pro races each rider was on the gate and where they finished and come up with a start /finish ratio , then you have a accurate rating of performance , I think some guys might move up the ladder

How many times do you think Stewart could try "Racing is rubbing" with Hannah? :busted:

Answer: Exactly once! Hannah was not known as a dirty rider, but play games with him and he'd make you pay for it. :busted:

it should be simple .......... just count how many pro races each rider was on the gate and where they finished and come up with a start /finish ratio , then you have a accurate rating of performance , I think some guys might move up the ladder

i agree on this to a point. kdub would probably win that one! he seems to for what 10 years always get second? that would be cool to see too! i just think that having first place at .1 and second at .25 is a bit off! :busted: it would change some a bit higher if they fixed that. but dang really RC has that many points? CRAZY!

stop the stuff about js... this isn't about him please. or it will just turn into the other threads! :busted:

did they forget to run the #'s on Robbie Reynard ......... that guy hauled on that KX 125

A fascinating little analysis. The first thing that jumped out at me was how Carmichael's rating is head and shoulders above everybody else. It's not even close. That top 5 five ranking looks pretty reasonable to me.

Funny thing is some 450 guy on here as a hard time figuring out why RC is called the GOAT, any way you look at it, seems pretty simple that he was/is the Greatest Of All Time!

Funny thing is some 450 guy on here as a hard time figuring out why RC is called the GOAT, any way you look at it, seems pretty simple that he was/is the Greatest Of All Time!

deff agree with the any way you look at it part he is the GOAT! so quickly do we forget the successes of some huh?

Ricky was 2x as many points as second place Mcgrath because he was so popular, plain and simple. Mcgrath was hands down the best sx rider, better than Stewart by a long shot. Still is just doesn't prove it. The rest of the list is about 50% correct, too much favoritism and negativism. Not enough calories.

Ricky was 2x as many points as second place Mcgrath because he was so popular, plain and simple. Mcgrath was hands down the best sx rider, better than Stewart by a long shot. Still is just doesn't prove it. The rest of the list is about 50% correct, too much favoritism and negativism. Not enough calories.

I haven't looked at the list but I'll say this. You are right about Jeremy and SX, however, RC was also very very good at SX and very very good at MX. Jeremy was not nearly as good as ricky at MX which makes RC the better rider IMO>

Also, no World Championship titles?..... Thats a shame if not, I don't see it. No way DeCoster should sit in 20th place.:busted:

Umm......It's called the "Top 100 AMA Riders"

Only ONE, Stew. would have his head handed to him:p

Twang D

I think McGrath woulda beat Carmichael in mx had he stuck with it. As it stands your right Carmichael was very dominant, coming back and winning his last 5 overalls in front of live television and James Stewart, what an epic demonstration.

-James.

I think McGrath woulda beat Carmichael in mx had he stuck with it. As it stands your right Carmichael was very dominant, coming back and winning his last 5 overalls in front of live television and James Stewart, what an epic demonstration.

-James.

That is where you are wrong, MC was never dominant in MX on a 250 ( Two stroke that is), even when he won he it was not easy, he was/is the king of SX, but thats it.