TrailTech LED helmet mount battery question...

I was curious if anyone has tested the run time on TrailTech single light helmet mount 800 lume LED and battery combo..... They claim 6hrs continuous run time on full power ....... Can anyone's personal experience with them back up there claim to 6 hrs ? Thanks

I was curious if anyone has tested the run time on TrailTech single light helmet mount 800 lume LED and battery combo..... They claim 6hrs continuous run time on full power ....... Can anyone's personal experience with them back up there claim to 6 hrs ? Thanks

Based on the MAH rating of the battery and the power draw it should come close.

Based on the MAH rating of the battery and the power draw it should come close.

I just finished a run time test with my new 11.1v 8000mah lipo and light consumed about 7950mah in 6hrs and 15min...... ?? I was expecting light to run for atleast 7hrs....

If it's the 35mm single LED light you are talking about, it should consume about 1.05a on HIGH. At that consumption, you should see about 6 hours of use on high with a 6600mah + nickel cell battery.

I just finished a run time test with my new 11.1v 8000mah lipo and light consumed about 7950mah in 6hrs and 15min...... ?? I was expecting light to run for atleast 7hrs....

Let me get this straight...

You used over 99% of your lipo batteries capacity..

You realize they do not like to be drained too far below 3.7v per cell, or 80% of their capacity? I'd be in the market for a new pack if I were you, that pack is damaged now. You can try to save it with a balance charger, but one of the cells has likely been killed inside, and won't recover (an 11.1v lipo pack is a 3s pack). Once a cell drops below 2.8 volts, it's pretty much gone. 80% capacity of an 8000mah pack is 6400mah.

If it's the 35mm single LED light you are talking about, it should consume about 1.05a on HIGH. At that consumption, you should see about 6 hours of use on high with a 6600mah + nickel cell battery.

Let me get this straight...

You used over 99% of your lipo batteries capacity..

You realize they do not like to be drained too far below 3.7v per cell, or 80% of their capacity? I'd be in the market for a new pack if I were you, that pack is damaged now. You can try to save it with a balance charger, but one of the cells has likely been killed inside, and won't recover (an 11.1v lipo pack is a 3s pack). Once a cell drops below 2.8 volts, it's pretty much gone. 80% capacity of an 8000mah pack is 6400mah.

Close one !! I stopped the test when cells became unballanced, i didn't let let any go bellow 3v...Battery is fine, I did not draw alot of power from them at the low cell volts , it balanced out right away and took 7950 mah charge... The volts in each cell is reading 4.18, 4.17, 4.17 after sitting all day. I messed up when I assumed the pack capacity was a usable 8000mah, my last 5000mah packs were actually 5800mah so my bad... lol. So with all this said why then 7950 mah and only 6.25 hrs ? I don't understand :busted: and thanks!!

Close one !! I stopped the test when cells became unballanced, i didn't let let any go bellow 3v...Battery is fine, I did not draw alot of power from them at the low cell volts , it balanced out right away and took 7950 mah charge... The volts in each cell is reading 4.18, 4.17, 4.17 after sitting all day. I messed up when I assumed the pack capacity was a usable 8000mah, my last 5000mah packs were actually 5800mah so my bad... lol. So with all this said why then 7950 mah and only 6.25 hrs ? I don't understand :busted: and thanks!!

What setting were you on? On high you should see 6 hours of use WITH an appropriate battery. Also, perhaps you drained the pack too far for the light to light up.

BTW, that pack is damaged, they should be at 4.19 at least after a day of sitting. Smell it (seriously) if it smells like a sweet tangy smell then it's damaged.

What setting were you on? On high you should see 6 hours of use WITH an appropriate battery. Also, perhaps you drained the pack too far for the light to light up.

BTW, that pack is damaged, they should be at 4.19 at least after a day of sitting. Smell it (seriously) if it smells like a sweet tangy smell then it's damaged.

I will check it out more tonight.... My voltage tester is only accurat +or- 10mv if that makes a difference .... If I find no physical signs of damage what might be a good test for it before I discard it.... I have damaged packs in the past before and would only throw a batt away if a cell would stay puffed... I have another new batt still....

Light was on high for entire test and I manually stopped test when cell voltages became unbalanced: cell 1 3v ; cell 2 3.25 ; cell 3 3.5 .....

Should I charge to 110% and discharge to 3.5v ?

I had this v meter in the balancer port...http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/%5F%5F7390%5F%5FHobby%5FKing%5FLCD%5FBattery%5FDetector%5F6S.html

Edited by Rearwheelin