06 and up YZ250F

I have around 2300-3000 to spend on a bike. I want a 250f. I have been looking at 06 an newer yz250f's. is there anything I need to look for when going to buy a used yz250f? and would that be a good bike for gncc style woods riding?

'06 was first year aluminum frame. There was a valve recall, and they punched the VIN when done by factory authorized dealer. So look for that and ask the owner. Ask to pull the seat to look at the air filter. You want to see that it has been cleaned. Ask how ofter the owner cleans it, and how often he changes the oil. Look for an hour meter. Check all wheel, steering, and linkage bearings. Check the chain and sprocket set. Check brake pads. Check tire wear.

i got a 08 with 50hrs on it,and a 09 with 45hrs.if you wanna drive to illinois to buy a bike i will sell my 08 for 3000.00 its got a fresh top end and some sweet suspension from dave j.if you are interested pm me.it also has a jd jet kit and a ported head,and renthal bars on it tires are pretty new as well.its a nice bike,but we have 4 of them,so its time to sell one.the 09 i would want 3800 for.

'06 was first year aluminum frame. There was a valve recall, and they punched the VIN when done by factory authorized dealer. So look for that and ask the owner. Ask to pull the seat to look at the air filter. You want to see that it has been cleaned. Ask how ofter the owner cleans it, and how often he changes the oil. Look for an hour meter. Check all wheel, steering, and linkage bearings. Check the chain and sprocket set. Check brake pads. Check tire wear.

I can get an 06 for a good price. As being 1th year with alum frame should i look for 07,08 or wont get anything better for the extra $$?

If you can get it for a good price go for it. There was suspension changes thru the years but nothing major. I"m on a 2010. By buddy just bought my old 2006 which has been sitting for a couple years. He's right there rolling with me. Its more the rider than the bike. On what ever year you get keep an eye on the oem clutch springs. They have historically been the only thing I've been able to wear out on this bike.

biggest thing is i would find one with the least amount of hours regardless of year