Sign in to follow this  

2011-2012 rmz tranny issues

That's simply untrue. I don't know about BC but on the west coast there have been large shortages of rmzs at dealers and dealers have been getting retail all day for them. Lol your arguing with a dealer that transfers these bikes in and out to dealers all the time. We had one dealer in Idaho transfer in 30 extra bikes and was selling them as fast as he could get them. We transferred another 6 450s from our original 5 in 08 and sold them quickly. But what do I know, you guys are clearly the experts! Hahaha

Its not untrue! You were calling my statement BS earlier, claiming to have worked in Canada for a season as a "factory" mechanic (trust me, there is nothing factory about any motorcycles in canadian motocross), living close to the border, working for a dealer, your making statements that would definately point to you being the expert, not us. In Canada, no matter what province you look in, close to the border or not, RMZs just dont hold their value compared to other brands, PERIOD! These are not statements, this is a fact. Up here, the RMZs just dont have a very good track record compared to other brands. Whether this applys to the US, I dont know but I dont claim too know! Your wrong, plain and simple. You dont know what your talking about! Your the one spewing BS and I see your back pedaling!

Everything I said is 100% true sorry if you don't belive it, I worked in Canada as a mechanic not as a salesman, I sell here. No backpeddling. I did work with a factory team, exactly like I said. You've never heard of team ktm? Equipment came from Cali same as US. Nice try though.

Everything I said is 100% true sorry if you don't belive it, I worked in Canada as a mechanic not as a salesman, I sell here. No backpeddling. I did work with a factory team, exactly like I said. You've never heard of team ktm? Equipment came from Cali same as US. Nice try though.

I know, you said that you were a mechanic up here, was it RTR/KTM? What year? I do know about the race teams up here, im quite familiar with them. I will have to check but I am quite certain there has never been "factory" anything in canada. All teams are supported through a shop or business. NO team gets bikes for free, they all pay for them up here, very little to no salaries for the riders. All the stuff they have on their bikes, anyone can buy! Your back pedaling on your statements about the RMZ. I dont think your a liar. I have no reason too but your uninformed about the RMZ up here. Even your own comrad pointed a few cheap RMZs out in the states. All I said was that a used RMZ doesnt hold its value compared to other brands, thats a fact!

It was both, I don't know who payed bills. About 3 years ago

RTR payed your bills, trust me, they were no factory supported team. The same stuff that was on MAs bikes was not on Korel Nemaths bike. We dont have the financial support like the states do, very little money. Bikes are paid for out of pocket by the dealers, not given from KTM or any other brand.

I know, you said that you were a mechanic up here, was it RTR/KTM? What year? I do know about the race teams up here, im quite familiar with them. I will have to check but I am quite certain there has never been "factory" anything in canada. All teams are supported through a shop or business. NO team gets bikes for free, they all pay for them up here, very little to no salaries for the riders. All the stuff they have on their bikes, anyone can buy! Your back pedaling on your statements about the RMZ. I dont think your a liar. I have no reason too but your uninformed about the RMZ up here. Even your own comrad pointed a few cheap RMZs out in the states. All I said was that a used RMZ doesnt hold its value compared to other brands, thats a fact!

My comrad? Lol, I could find any model advertised for that same base price. Probably from the same shop even! I was slated to work for the Canadian ktm team, not a shop but out of the semi, but the week before nationals began the rider got hurt so I was switched to a rider with rtr but ktm paid the airfare ect still.. You could buy almost everything on those bikes besides the suspension was factory and the top clamp was as well. Not certain about cam but I think it was factory also. The reason I refer to the rmzs in Canada is only because it is the same bikes as u.s. so one would assume its the same quality. I looked at Craigslist at used rmzs and they were at least listed for any less than competitive models in Vancouver area

Suzuki also had a several month long promo of 1000 customer cash to help rid of holdovers. Dealers were required to give the customer 100% of the rebate and it had to be signed. Rmzs were one of those models. Its been over for months but there were a lot of rmzs for a grande cheaper during that short time. It was an awesome promo. 1.9 financing too, wish it would comeback, other brands had minimal rebates so it was great for sales!

My comrad? Lol, I could find any model advertised for that same base price. Probably from the same shop even! I was slated to work for the Canadian ktm team, not a shop but out of the semi, but the week before nationals began the rider got hurt so I was switched to a rider with rtr but ktm paid the airfare ect still.. You could buy almost everything on those bikes besides the suspension was factory and the top clamp was as well. Not certain about cam but I think it was factory also. The reason I refer to the rmzs in Canada is only because it is the same bikes as u.s. so one would assume its the same quality. I looked at Craigslist at used rmzs and they were at least listed for any less than competitive models in Vancouver area

I was making a joke about the RMZs being different between Canada and the US. I owned a factory bike in 2000, there was nothing factory about it. Of course this was 12 years ago. I was 18 and I was racing harescrambles on a fully tricked out CR 250, ported, polished, the works, complete with National pro #8s suspension. I never knew any better but what a nightmare. Good for G-outs though. A little tough in the rocks and roots.

As for the RMZs, they might be asking for what they want, but their not getting it! RTR is good, I deal with them quite often, my mechanic worked for them this season during the national that came to kamloops. A long with a lot of other shops in my area and around the provinces I know/knew a lot of people.

I was making a joke about the RMZs being different between Canada and the US. I owned a factory bike in 2000, there was nothing factory about it. Of course this was 12 years ago. I was 18 and I was racing harescrambles on a fully tricked out CR 250, ported, polished, the works, complete with National pro #8s suspension. I never knew any better but what a nightmare. Good for G-outs though. A little tough in the rocks and roots.

As for the RMZs, they might be asking for what they want, but their not getting it! RTR is good, I deal with them quite often, my mechanic worked for them this season during the national that came to kamloops. A long with a lot of other shops in my area and around the provinces I know/knew a lot of people.

I worked the year before kamloop national, I think nemeth was who I was suppose to originally work for. Lytle filled in for Andy cause he was having health issues and he worked for ktm in the states so I quized him plenty. I spent alot of time in the semi but also with Craig's setup. It worked out good. I do know ktm paid airfare, I flew with nye and norcal a lot and the logistic girl at ktm booked them all. You might know her now, I think she's at rtr now. The suspension was factory but we used the stock based stuff almost more, it was more forgiving

I talked to them and they said i could drive down there and get it for that price otd :lol: although my instincts were telling me its one of those deals that are to good to be true; maybe they were trying to get me down there and then pull like you said all the fees out.

you can almost count on it

That's simply untrue. I don't know about BC but on the west coast there have been large shortages of rmzs at dealers and dealers have been getting retail all day for them. Lol your arguing with a dealer that transfers these bikes in and out to dealers all the time. We had one dealer in Idaho transfer in 30 extra bikes and was selling them as fast as he could get them. We transferred another 6 450s from our original 5 in 08 and sold them quickly. But what do I know, you guys are clearly the experts! Hahaha

you are correct. last march I tried to get a new 2011 rmz250 and there were two on dealers floors in the whole upper midwest. one in the Denver area and one in Minneapolis. I bought the one in Minneapolis for $6385 OTD. Hell of a buy for there not being any bikes around. The dealers within 200 miles of me are quoting me $6800 OTD right now. The dealer in town here won't budge off 7K.

so MxPro83 i see you just had to post a video of a false neutral on an RMZ in another thread. Well if you dig you will find dirt, so here's some dirt i found for you to also consider:

notice that they AREN'T RMZ's and that they miraculously hit false neutrals! and as you can see, your beloved honda can also cause a particularly nasty crash. IN CONCLUSION: the problem can occur on ANY bike. so just drop it already.

Edited by funkinalive

Those videos are not mxpro. Hey are just random videos of people hitting false neutrals.

I think he said that more mockingly then serious, unless your being sarcastic as well.

I wish I was as fast as Tyler wozney. Although I def wouldnt have shifted up while going through those whoops. Before sure. By the way I really dont hate suzukis. I just want them to get their material control together. I thought the design of everything on that bike was awesome. Like taking the tank off with the fuel hose connections that has plugs. The spare parts you get. The wicked motor. The way you can check the oil strainers. the custom mapping plugs. I really did love that bike.

i have a 2011 rmz 250 and right from first day i rode there was tranny issues....evryone is calling it 'false nuetral' so right now i have it the tranny out of the motor and there are burrs on almost every gear!! even tho it only usually kicks out of gear in 4th mostly..also one of my shift forks was bent slightly and wore out pretty good! this is pretty sad to say with a brand new bike i must say im very disappinted in suzuki....i also blew my crank wich is the reason i have motor split....so anyone saying they have not had these problems with there 11 rmz250 should consider themselves to be very lucky

Edited by 11RMZ250

other then the tranny issues its a great bike.. i love the way it feels and these bikes turn on a dime!!! it almost navigates the best lines for you lol...i understand that the rmz250 here in canada may be a little differant in price but i paid $7100 for mine last year.....