Sign in to follow this  

Enduro Computers

So ive got an 05 yz250 and am looking for an enduro computer. I liked the trail tech but it says you have to wire it to your battery, which i dont have. What is a good alternate to this, and where can i get it? Thanks!

I have the trail tech Vector on my yz250f it works great for an odometer and clock,

it also has a battery you can replace. it works fine without wiring to the bike. just use a fresh battery

I've got a Trail Tech Endurance version. It has it's own battery, just run the sensor wire, hook it to your bars, a little programming, and your ready to go.

I've heard now Endurance is the old model and it is not producted anymore, I ordered it from www.doctorenduro.com for the price of $84,95 they generously offered me trailtech vector for the same price (!)$84,95. Vector is great, Vapor better has tachometer data and disigned nice, but Trailtech Voyager is a real bomb http://doctorenduro....ge=speedometers

• GPS Speed, Distance, Compass, Altitude, Temperature, Maps
  • View, Organize, Edit and Share Entire Trail Systems in 3D
  • Designed Specifically to Meet the Needs of Off-Road Riders
  • 240x400 WQVGA LCD - Readable in Intense Sunlight
  • Engine Performance linked to GPS Data
  • Crash Resistant, Off-Road Design

• Upload Routes from any GPS
  • Customizable User Screens
  • Model-Specific Integration
  • Accurate Tracks, Even in the Toughest Terrain
  • Runs on Vehicle Power (or internal battery)
  • Back-lit for Operation in the Dark

I'd like to get that one next time.

Edited by Vladomir

Mine is wired direct to the stator live wire so no need to have a battery other than the one fitted to the unit

Wired this way all funtions work and the background light also is way brighter

The endurance 2 will run on dc OR ac power according to the paperwork.

I run one on my WR. I went with this one as I wanted something small and I don't need a tach on my bike.

I've only had it on there for about 40 miles of trails, so not sure on longevity yet.

76cd1305.jpg

Edited by gots_a_sol

Mine is wired direct to the stator live wire so no need to have a battery other than the one fitted to the unit

+1 - this is what i did on my previous '07 and current '09 yz250f's. check out this thread - post #6

http://www.thumperta...iring-question/

And here's how you can do it without cutting/splicing any wires... post #8

http://www.thumperta...h-vapor-set-up/

I had a 9v under the seat on my '03 xr250 so i would have the lights work, but they were dim. As others have said, it will function just fine without any outside power source (bike or battery).

-John

Edited by yz250f_spud

Yep mine was set up like that too.

I have a trailtech voyager and love it. Ive sent it in under waranty a few times but never had to pay to get it fixed. The first time they gave me a new head unit the second they fixed something. I already had a e-line stator on my bike because i run heated grips in winter and headlight every now and again. They have a internal batery but it dosnt last all day.

ICO does it all for enduros, and it doesn't require electricity due to the battery.