Sign in to follow this  

Overheating or whatt?? Need some advice!

Ive got a yx160 engine in my pit bike and I just had the carb jetted and it cleaned up everything and the bike runs great. The problems start after riding the bike hard for about 15 min.Thats when it starts to bog and hesitate to the point where its hard to pick up speed. The bike basically sounds like its hitting the rev limit but at low rpms. If i let the bike sit for 10min it starts right back up like there was never an issue until it gets warm again then the issues start again..

Im tryin to figure out what it could be;

The gas tank is full so thats definitely not the issue

And i jus checked the valve clearance and they r good

What do you guys think it might be???

I was going throught the electricial system and noticed some groves in the rotor. Im wondering if this might be causing my problems.

Here is a pic

a0efdb9d.jpg

he means like the check valve is clooged i have seen people buy them pretty anodoized valves and they dont let air in tak thus creating a vacuum not allowing gas to carb

he means like the check valve is clooged i have seen people buy them pretty anodoized valves and they dont let air in tak thus creating a vacuum not allowing gas to carb

Ohh ok, thats perfectly fine i checked it... Turns out that after i put the spacers on the pick up sensor my bike doesnt have any issues. I also went down 5 sizes on my main jet and it cleared up some hesitation i was getting. I also noticed the choke likes to partialy open while riding. After fixing all these problems its fine now :lol: