Sign in to follow this  

Hefty suspension and more questions

I'm new to the pitbike scene and just got a 07 klx 110. Right now I am trying to figure out a cheaper way to improve the suspension to handle my bigger size. im 6'1 at 240 and i was wondering if HD springs would do the trick for the bike(yes i know thats alot of weight for these poor guys but hey I'm trying lol) . right now i dont have the money to buy a full front end or a fancy rear shock. any ideas would be greatly appreciated If anyone is interested here is my list of mods I'm going for

1. TB 143 bore FULL kit with carb

2. BBR Rev Box

3. Foldable shift lever

4. Semi-manual clutch

5. 1 down, 3 up drum

6. Over the top brake lever.

thats all i got so far its going to be my little project bike. Im hoping the bore kit will be more than enough to pull my weight around what can i do with the sprockets to help with low end? thanks for any help possible and im glad to join the forum

Put a BBR HD spring in each leg and 20wt oil. And BBR dampening rods if you have the $$$.

The stock shock is bad and an HD spring in the rear doesn't do as much as any aftermarket shock. Keep and eye on eBay or the Planet Mini classifieds.

I put BBR HD springs in the front of my L model and it made a huge difference.

Didnt have time to change the fork oil so still running stock weight. Now the rear which I thought was decent before (pretty stiff on the L) is now the weak link and bottoms out.

I would also suggest bigger bars and tall seat if you dont already have them. Really opens up the ergos esp for a taller rider. pegs also a must..stock ones are tiny.

And definitely first thing to do is the engine cradle mount....

the above are great ideas and a good place to start. Also, pointless to split the cases just to throw in a 4th gear shift drum. Put in a hd output shaft, chp quick shift, billet shift star and put a chp quick shift in it.

I posted a thread on suspension a while back. Check it out, lots of good ideas. Im roughly the same size (a little lighter) and Im running kx65 forks with heavy springs, a pitster pro mx swingarm and dnm mt-bag. prolly one of the better setups without spending too much. its far better than running heavy fork and shock springs on the stock setup.

I have a set off bbr heavy duty front springs and a works rear shock for sale. let me know if your are interersted..