Sign in to follow this  

RM250 maintenance

I have a 96 RM250 with the motor out of an 02 RM250. My Clymer manual came in today so I'm going to take a stab at removing and cleaning my carb this weekend. I'm also going to check the float and try and see if i have aftermarket jets.

Any advice? While I'm at it I'm going to change the piston. The previous owner gave me the parts needed to do the top end rebuild but i think i'm missing the needle bearing and a few smaller parts.

I've now had the bike 2 years and its still on the same top end. Long overdue.

you said it yourself change the top end and make sure the float level is the correct. Also make sure you dont have leaking seals and the Jug doesnt have any damage. Also clean your power valves! the 96 likes to build carbon on the power valves. Clean your motor before taking it apart! :busted:

its prob hard to start cause ur compression is lower since its been two years i do a topend every year...^^^^^^yes clean everything carbon buildup sucks to get off but u gotta do it....i usually clean my carb about every 8-10 rides idk y but i like it being clean seems to run better