Sign in to follow this  

F/S TWO 1983 CR 480's

Hi guys,

Due to work and family scheduling, I have to sell my TWO 1983 CR 480’s project. I put a ton of time and research into this project. I bought both of these bikes, with the intent of doing one of two different projects. You can either take the best parts of both bikes and make one real good one. Then sell off the rest of the parts to help recoup money spent on the project. Or, you can build one into a race bike and the other into a show bike.

Price for both CR's, all parts and misc. items: $ 1725.00

Bike # 1:

This bike came out of Seattle, Washington. The PO was the second owner and this bike was always in his family. It was a runner, but, when I got it. I notice it was leaking oil from the bottom of the motor. I thought it was best not to start it again. It’s a complete bike and has a clear title and bill of sale. If the new owner wants, I could even plate this bike before it leaves Arizona (fee’s would be paided by new owner).

DSC02318-S.jpg

DSC02315-S.jpg

1196843223_Py3nw-S.jpg

Bike # 1, came with a aftermarket flywheel weight. This helps tame the hit of the 480 motor.

DSC02508-S.jpg

Title for above bike.

Bike # 2:

This bike came out of Santee, Calf. and was owned by Marty Tripes. It’s missing a tank, carb and some other misc. small parts. It has good compression and needs to be restored. I have a bill of sale with Marty’s name and signature on it.

1193849619_euSo8-S.jpg

1188706959_kjZc9-S-2.jpg

The above picture was taken at Martys shop.

1193848866_naNpj-S-2.jpg

1193707002_KUAU4-S.jpg

Marty, helping me load the bike at his shop.

DSC02507-S.jpg

Bill of sale with Martys signature on it.

Parts:

Also, with these two bikes. Comes a variety of extra parts and some new aftermarket stuff to start the build. Below, you will find photos and descriptions.

DSC02423-S.jpg

This is a skid plte that came on bike # 1. Also, a mid stock exhaust pipe...which is VERY hard to find and a custom made swingarm bushing kit.

1190838549_Cw5UW-S.jpg

Close up of bushing kit.

DSC02422-S.jpg

This is the OEM number plate that came with bike # 1. This part is also very hard to find. Also, new wider foot pegs. These pegs also move the pegs to the rear of the bike a little. Making it easier to move your MX boot in and out to shift.

DSC02424-S.jpg

DSC02425-S.jpg

DSC02426-S.jpg

DSC02514-S.jpg

Misc. parts.

DSC02427-S.jpg

DSC02512-S.jpg

Complete factory manual for 1982 & 1983 Cr 480's, also CW article on the CR 480.

Thanks for looking, Jim Garthe

Boy...I'm stupid.

So sorry, I put this in the wrong place.

I tried to delete it, but it won't let me.

Signed, stupid in Phoenix...aka Jim Garthe

i would buy that bike from you if i lived closer.

E bay has a shipping bid service that you should check into. I used it to get one of the 480's delievered to me. You give them the pick up and delievery locations, then sit back and watch the bids come in.

I would be glad to chip in $ 100.00 towards shipping.

Regards, Jim

E bay has a shipping bid service that you should check into. I used it to get one of the 480's delievered to me. You give them the pick up and delievery locations, then sit back and watch the bids come in.

I would be glad to chip in $ 100.00 towards shipping.

Regards, Jim

I live in Stonewall, Manitoba, Canada, could you please find out how much the shipping is, if it is the right price i will buy it. Do you still have both bikes and how much would you want for the first cr 480. What year is the first cr 480 I know the description said it was a 1983 but it looks like a 1982 by the seat and the suspension tank. I can not tell from the picture.

Edited by travhal
need to add more info

I live in Stonewall, Manitoba, Canada, could you please find out how much the shipping is, if it is the right price i will buy it. Do you still have both bikes and how much would you want for the first cr 480. What year is the first cr 480 I know the description said it was a 1983 but it looks like a 1982 by the seat and the suspension tank. I can not tell from the picture.

I'm only selling them as a pair. They are both 1983's. Checking into shipping would be the responsibility of the buyer. However, I would take $ 100.00 off of the price. To help with shipping costs.

Thanks for your interest. Jim