Sign in to follow this  

Kick starter!help

The kick starter bolt #17 wont come off of my 02 rm250 any ideas?I have a new assy to put on and it wont budge! Trying to get it on tonight supposed to ride tomorrow but cant if i dont get that bolt off! please help

here is a link to show the bolt I am talking about

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/oem-parts/SUZUKI/2002/RM250/KICK-STARTER-%28MODEL-K1~K2~K3~K4%29

try some panther piss like some pb blaster squirt a lil iin there if anything take a hair dryer and heat it up a bit see if itll brake loose if u have a hammer punch ratchet those are key to have

Have you tried an extension bar on the Allen wrench for more leverage?

Are you switching out the assembly because its rattling like crazy when you rev up?

It's a 12 mm socket and I'm changing it because the kickstarter is hitting and scratching up the frame. So I am replacing the lever and the knuckle

I just tried the heat gun and it didnt work. This bolt feels impossible ive put all ive had into it with no success. I dont know what to do next!

I would try WD-40, heat (torch, not heat gun, but watch seal), and an impact wrench. The wrench may be enough to get it loose.