Oil coming up through the air box

I've noticed the last couple of rides that my air filter/air box is pretty wet with oil. I just took my air filter out to clean it and noticed there was oil on the floor! There was so much oil that not only did it cover the air filter, but it leaked out of the bottom of the air box, onto the swingarm, and onto the floor. I have no idea what is causing this.

I do check/adjust my valves, but I do it by the book. If it helps, which this shouldn't matter, it's a 2010 CRF250R.

Thanks!

I raced the 2010 crf 250r last year and Its one of two things. A) you overfilled the bike with oil when you did an oil change, in this case just check and if its overfull drain some!. :busted: theres a drain plug on the 2010crf250r that not many people know about it. It is a tube that goes out the bottom of the bike and has a black cap on it. You are supposed to remove the cap and drain it periodically. :busted:

The drain tube is located right above and behind the front sprocket. There's a clamp that hold the drain plug in. There's a way to bypass it so the problem never occurs again. You can't just pull the plug out and leave it open. It needs to be re-configured a specific way. It's easy to do. But this in the most common issue with what you're having issues with.

Alright, yea I know about the drain plug. I have been changing my oil a quicker than I normally do, probably not getting all the oil out (like forgetting to kill-kick start). I'll be sure to drain the tube more often.

Charlie C,

I get what you're saying about you can't just leave the plug out and it needs to be reconfigured. I hadn't thought about it until you mentioned it.

Thanks guys!