Sign in to follow this  

99 RM jetting question..

I've owned this bike for 6 months now, I've installed a Gnarly pipe, 10 oz fww...Making it more "desert, play bike" friendly. I'm about to tackle the jetting. I'm almost sure the jetting is stock. I've pulled the plug twice, (one replacement), and it is very dark brown/ mainly black. The bike runs good, (as far as I can tell), but I have read that Suzuki shipped their bikes on the rich side. I am riding at anywhere from 2800 to 4000 feet above sea level, and I'm running Klotz R 50 at 40 to 1. Any "starting point" would really help me out, as I only want to pick up jets once...I don't mind buying a few mains and pilots...Just want to get the bike in the "sweet spot"!:busted:

I've owned this bike for 6 months now, I've installed a Gnarly pipe, 10 oz fww...Making it more "desert, play bike" friendly. I'm about to tackle the jetting. I'm almost sure the jetting is stock. I've pulled the plug twice, (one replacement), and it is very dark brown/ mainly black. The bike runs good, (as far as I can tell), but I have read that Suzuki shipped their bikes on the rich side. I am riding at anywhere from 2800 to 4000 feet above sea level, and I'm running Klotz R 50 at 40 to 1. Any "starting point" would really help me out, as I only want to pick up jets once...I don't mind buying a few mains and pilots...Just want to get the bike in the "sweet spot"!:busted:

Mine was really rich. I have the same bike, '99 with Gnarly and 8oz fww. 150 main 42 pilot, Klotz 50:1. Chicago is ~800-900 ft asl.:busted: