DRDes99

Hi all,

I just bought my son a new 2011 CRF250R and would like to ask if there is anything that I need to know about this bike, such as maintenance intervals.

He is stepping up from a CRF150RB, the maintenance intervals on this bike were over stated, that is the piston replacement schedules and the like were too frequent.

Is this the case with the 250 as well?

Edited by DRDES99
Change the heading

Since he's just moving up from a 150, he's certainly not going to be too hard on the 250 for a while so I would suggest a piston change somewhere around 50 hrs. As he gets more used to the bike and starts riding it harder, look at somewhere around 30. If of course the bike is lacking power, you want to do a leak down test on it and find out what's causing it. Oil changes I would suggest between 4 and 6 hrs. Good quality synthetic after a few hrs of break in. Air filter you should already know about. The 150 isn't too much different than the 250, just a larger verson. Do him a big favor and have the suspension set up for him. He will adapt much quicker to the bike and enjoy it much more!