Sign in to follow this  

Paul at Agent Smith racing is one of the good guys

After adjusting my valves this weekend my 450x would not start. After checking cam timing, clearance and the related items 10 times without finding any errors I was running out of time and patience. The thing ran before I took it apart!

I have never spent a dime with AS Racing nor have I been to their shop but have read of his good reputation on TT and heard by word of mouth.

I thought I would give him a phone call before loading it up and taking it to Valencia to see if he had any last minute ideas. I thought maybe my valves had kicked the bucket. Most mechanics will not give out any information as that is their lively hood and I completely understand that, but I took a chance and called anyways.

As I expected Kelly, the very nice women that answered the phone said Paul was busy. Typical right....

The last thing I expected was a call back when I didn't even ask for one, but guess what. Paul CALLED ME BACK on his own time and went though a couple last items to check in detail for over 10 minutes. This blows my mind. In todays world I have just come to expect a certain level of service and when a guy goes the extra mile like that he has earned my business for life. Although he could not resolve the problem with me over the phone (the cam chain timing ended up being correct. I had a freak little clog in my pilot jet) he did do his best.

My problem is that I keep getting new bikes before they need major head work. My current X is getting close however, and Paul will be doing the work for me.:busted:

Hey you can't say that name here...too late, you are probably on "the list" now. I never got any work done by him, but did get good advice from "the one who can't be named" nhere on the forum as well as interesting, entertaining and fun exchanges.

Although we're not supposed to utter that name here, he is a great guy and does quality work. He and his wife have given a lot back to the offroad community. He does have his own forum now, though I don't dare post the link here. Google it.

Paul has done work on (4) of my bikes, and I recommend him to everyone.

He is not the fastest; he is thorough as hell !

KranholdValvesIntake022.jpg

He has done a Stage one and a Stage Three head porting, Cams, front and rear suspension re-valve, re-spring, ProAction 3-way suspension valving, Tubliss Tire system, Electrical upgrades, lighting, etc, etc.

w w w a s racing dot com

• Like 1