Sign in to follow this  

NorthCarolina Looking to ride some trails in Western NC

I would like to find some good trails in Western NC around the Asheville area. I have a plated KTM 450 and can ride on the street to access trails/fire roads. Let me know if anyone is up for a ride this Sunday.

Have you tried Brown Mountain?

Yes, many times over the years and Wayehutta too. I was looking for some trails I could ride to but unfortunatly I'm not finding any around the Asheville area. I've been riding some of the gravel roads in the National Forest.

I think Asheville is more of a tree hugging area than it is a dirtbike riding area

Have you tried Hurricane Creek Road in Haywood Co? There are supposedly some trails out there. Other than than it is just fire roads...

Have you tried Hurricane Creek Road in Haywood Co? There are supposedly some trails out there. Other than than it is just fire roads...

Not yet but soon. A guy I ride with is going to take me on that ride. I've been looking at Carolina Powersports park in Morganton. I read that they have a nice enduro trail system.

it is pretty much a collection of former hare scramble trails laid out in an area that was clear cut a number of years ago. the trails at CPP used to go into some nice pine woods and up/around a mountain but access to those areas has been cut off

it is pretty much a collection of former hare scramble trails laid out in an area that was clear cut a number of years ago. the trails at CPP used to go into some nice pine woods and up/around a mountain but access to those areas has been cut off

Would it be worth the drive from Asheville to ride this park?

I rode Hurricane Creek and a lot of gravel roads in the area today.

well it is certainly close enough to Asheville that you could cruise on out one day and check the place out for yourself. It cant be more than an hour or so?

I rode Hurricane Creek and a lot of gravel roads in the area today.

What did you think? It sure is pretty out there for a dual sport ride. I hear, although have not found, that there is some single track out there off of hurricane creek somewhere.

What did you think? It sure is pretty out there for a dual sport ride. I hear, although have not found, that there is some single track out there off of hurricane creek somewhere.

I liked it but it was shorter than I expected. I did not see any single track but this was my first trip to this area. I will be back to check out all of the trails and roads.