Sign in to follow this  

Will a 2009 Service Manual work?

Hi there, I am new to this forum, I just purchased a 2011 Husaberg FE 570 S and I need to do the initial first hour valve clearance inspection as per the owners manual recommendation. The problem is I don't have a service manual and the dealer I bought the bike from has to special order it and wont have it for a week or so.

My friend has one on disc for a 2009 FE 570, Will that work? and is it the same valve clearance inspection procedures for the 2011 / also torque specs etc.?

Thanks for your help!

Yes, for valve specs and most other things, the earlier manual will be fine. The only real engine related change I can think of is the later bikes do without the O2 sensor and the street legal 570 has pollution control plumbing on it. The FX and later FE bikes have closed cartridge (vs. open cartridge) forks on them.

In short, basically you are good to go with the manual you have. These things have not materially changed since they were introduced in '09.

i bought a TE 300 about two months ago and still havent seen my service manual, i call the dealer every two weeks and they just keep saying that they are waitting on husaberg to send it to them, i had to go in and get a list of of how much oil toput back in when i change it, how often to change it and everything, its a two stroke so it fairly easy but the owners manual would be very nice

mckinNY.....you could contact cyclebuy.com to see if they can get them. I do see the owner's manual listed on page 27 of 2012 TE300 parts manual (#HB-380203EN).

http://www.cyclebuy.com/husaberg/husaberg_pdf/2012_TE300.pdf

Of course, better to get it for free from your dealer...but you might be able to check with another dealer to see if you are getting the straight story.

I went there a few days agojust to get some oil so i could service it and they said that they have had two bike come in with them in the kit but still hadnt seen one for me, im starting to be bothered by the whole thing, since i have a ktm and this thing is basically a ktm i think i will not go back there for anything else

I wonder why there is a shortage? I bought a new 2010 FE450 and they were missing the manual so they gave me the manual for the 2011 FE 390/450/570.

If you have the paper copy, I might consider a trade since the 2009 and 2010 are the same. The 2011 and 2009/2010 are the same as well but with different fork set ups.

I got my service manual on CD from RenoKTM (www.nevadaktm.com) and it took around a week (give or take). As far as I know (which isn't much) there are not paper manuals any more. The manuals on the CD are also in a form called "SecurePDF" and can only be viewed on a Windows PC, and only if the CD is in the drive.