Sign in to follow this  

will a r seat cover fit on a x?

the part numbers are very close, has anybody tried? thanks

With the X seat being wider , i would think the seam for the side to top is where its going to look funky , it might be alright , but i would guess it will be on top and it might round the edges of the foam trying to stretch it over to make it look good , all you can really do is try it , and if it wont go over or looks bad , see if you can take it back and exchange it !

You are better off getting one specifically for the X

i have tried this with OEM covers and it didn't work. The very rear of the R cover wasn't quite wide enough to fit the X properly. It almost works, but doesn't leave much room to get the staples in.

i just looked at some part numbers form factory fx and i think one industries and they were the same for both models. even with the honda logos on the side. so i guess i will risk it

I have a 11r seat cover on my 08x but i had to unstitch and sew the front of the seat due to the new r seats have the funky v shaped front. It was a real bastard stretching it towards the back but it worked and does look perfect!

IMG_20111118_082244.jpg

Edited by baja184

I have a 11r seat cover on my 08x but i had to unstitch and sew the front of the seat due to the new r seats have the funky v shaped front. It was a real bastard stretching it towards the back but it worked and does look perfect!

IMG_20111118_082244.jpg

nice, looks good