Sign in to follow this  

2001 cr 250 cylinder back order

Can anyone help me. I need a cylinder for my 2001 cr 250 and it is on back order nation wide. Anyone know when they get shipped out.

Can anyone help me. I need a cylinder for my 2001 cr 250 and it is on back order nation wide. Anyone know when they get shipped out.

ive been waitig since june for my 2001 cr 250 cylinder with service honda,email them and still on back order,so we might b waiting a while dude

I heard they are on back order 48 of them nation wide. 30 Where supose to be shipped out on November 1st. Im still waiting from Honda. Let me know if any come in.

lots of years fit, I like the 96 cylinder myself

I know a guy who races a 2001 cr250r model againts 450s and wins, ses he uses 96 cylinder rather then the overrated 00-01yrs, 96 hes ses more potent, he also uses the same year jug on his cart and that thing absolutely rips!

So if I put a cylinder from a 96 on it. Do I also need a piston from 96. and what about the porting and jetting? What do you think

I'd imagine you could use the same piston just match it A,B, etc...

Jetting....I would just use your exist jetting then adjust accordingly. I'd imagine you'd have to go richer on needle if its that much more "burly" then the 00-01's ..

wait. so onecan use a 96 jug but also needs 96 head and piston kits/bearing and all that comes into play to do a top end on an 01 motor?

the 96 piston is domed which is why it requires a 96 head. other than that i understand that hey are all interchangeable so you can use any combo you want as long as you have the accompanying head.

the diff is domed or not pistons, just check to see which yours has

we used a 96 cylinder with our 00 head no problem, I used a 00 piston and the original 00 head if memory servs, it may not i'm aging ungracefully