Sign in to follow this  

Stiff clutch

My clutch on my 99 kx125 was really stiff and I though it was because my basket was groved so I put a wiseco clutch basket plates and springs and also a new cable but it is still just as stiff does anyone know what the problem is

What type of cable was the replacement? Like Jeekinz said, some come dry. They are the cheaper ones. Always get the Motion pro Terminators or whatever they're called. 8 bucks is worth the difference. They are a different type of wound cable and have a nylon inner sheath. 125's are usually easier than an 85. The only other thing is you have some Hellacious springs in there.

do you have it kinked in between tank and frame? take tank off and see if its still stiff. hows the cable routed? can make a difference if its making a saharp bend.bad needle bearings on actuating rod? youd have to pull pressure plate to cycle lever and see if its any different. doubt its the cable since it did it with old and new.

i had the same prob on my bike. I got an ASV clutch lever + perch and now my clutch is smooth as butter.

I had a terrible pull on my yz even with a new motion pro cable.

Asv Pro model with the bearings, now the pull is so easy it's a joke. Atleast 50% easier pull than stock perch.

I have a sunline one it's smooth but just real hard to pull is your asv an easy pull one

I don't believe its marketed as being particularly easy to pull but it is definitely pretty trick with a nice perch and easy adjuster. I guess with the bearings and the design of it just makes it apply the torque on the lever better.

Does anyone know how much a mugura hydraulic clutch would help

Just put one on my rm, clutch pull was very hard now it's nothing compared to what it was. Got mine for 200 id get it.

I'm tryin to decide between the asv c6 pro that says it can reduce the by 50% and the hydraulic kit says only 20%

A hydro clutch will be easier then a regular cable clutch either way. The pull on mine is not even half as hard as it used to be.

that 125 should have an easy clutch pull. Buying a hyd clutch is just a band-aid for what could be a $10 problem with your bike.

was thinking same thing. I havent met a 125 in over 30 yrs that was hard to pull. maybe he has wrong perch on that thing. maybe someone put in "special" springs in it. maybe springs off of a kx 500! lol