Sign in to follow this  

07' cr250 clutch.

Got this bike and love it. Last bike was a 92' cr125. I have only one complaint with the 07'. It seems to me the clutch doesn't light the bike up like it did on the 125. Is this just what happens between 125 and 250 or what? The 07' rips on top but if im in too high of a gear coming out of a corner i always have to shift down to get it movin the clutch never works if im 1 gear too high. Any ideas if this is normal or can be fixed? I love fannin the clutch like a 125 but the 250 just doesn't do it, it makes up for it when it get goin though. Ive replaced the clutch with an ebc that has extra set of plates, no difference really.

I would bet its in your jetting or gearing. I have a 05 and with a tap on the clutch it lights up pretty well.

I know my KTM200 revs a lot quicker than my cr250 especially with the touch of the clutch, but I also think I am getting better traction/less wheelspin on the CR. I would think the difference of a 125 and 250 would be even more significant.

I feel faster on the 200 due to the quick revving, but my friends swear that I am faster on the CR250 when we ride together.

• Like 1