Sign in to follow this  

Idaho EPA Dust Issue Hot Topic in GOP Prez Debate

Regulating dust? Really? How about we regulate something that actually matters?

Seems like it's more political bantering than anything else. Anyone actually find the Regulations or is this just speculation?

The antiibike crowd will attempt to use this as a way to shut down off-road riding during dry weather in places. :busted:

Could I please suggest that rather than simply posting a ":doh: What're They thinking?" response here, go to the AMA's website. They already have a form letter you can get to send to your federal congress person & senators on this very issue.

Here's a link:

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/

After you get to the home page, click on "RIGHTS". It brings a drop down menu with an option for "Issues & Legislation". Click on that. At the top of that page, highlighted in blue, is the "OHV use threatened by possible EPA regulation on dust" article. Just below that, is a "bullet" (or whatever those deals ya click on are called) with the while letters "TAKE ACTION" in it. Click on that, give it the info, and it finds & emails the letter to your US senators & representative.

It's REALLY EASY to do, and doesn't take any time at all. And it does more good than a rant here, other than to notify others about this ridiculous piece of legislation.....

Ride said:

Regulating dust? Really? How about we regulate something that actually matters?

For once, I've gotta agree with ya, Kelly....

Jimmie

Seems like it's more political bantering than anything else. Anyone actually find the Regulations or is this just speculation?

Look at this page -Method 9. Look at the other rule/test methods here too.....

http://www.epa.gov/ttn/emc/promgate.html

EPA wants to change rules here. Farmers and OHV recreation will be affected by raising the threshold levels for Method 9 unless exempted in the legislation the AMA is asking for our support on.

For once, I've gotta agree with ya, Kelly....

Jimmie

Sorry about that :busted: I'll try to be more controversial in the future.

The government already regulates dust in AZ. A couple of riding areas have been shut down as a result of this silly legislation.

Sometimes I jokingly want to lobby congress for a giant muffler(try yo make it sound believable though) for volcanos to stop co2 emmissions just to see how many wack job enviros would jump on board.

Off road dust issue hot topic on prez debates

TPAC Update

http://thetrailpac.blogspot.com/2011/11/epa-off-road-dust-issue-at-top-of-gop.html

Just another left wing liberal/demonrat scam, see, it goes like this: Create a crisis, then you can regulate it (read shut down off-roading, limit farming, create more govt jobs)and tell or control others. All in the name of protecting the environment, after all, who wants to destroy our environment?

They create a crisis out of nothing, then come in to fix it.

Think of it as "an answer to a question that was never asked".

Edited by toyota_mdt_tech

Just another left wing liberal/demonrat scam, see, it goes like this: Create a crisis, then you can regulate it (read shut down off-roading, limit farming, create more govt jobs)and tell or control others. All in the name of protecting the environment, after all, who wants to destroy our environment?

They create a crisis out of nothing, then come in to fix it.

Think of it as "an answer to a question that was never asked".

That's not what they said on Adventure Rider...

Sent.

Although I doubt either Senator from this state would care or attempt to block any rule or regulation that the EPA / NLRB / TSA / or BO (because he stinks!) says is good for the country.