13-52 gearing what length of chain???

Hey guys....I am replacing my worn out chain and rear 51 sprocket and going up to a 52 tooth rear, bought the bike like this and was wondering what length works....I am guessing 120 link is enough but if you guys run this combo and could throw some advise my way l would appreciate it!

Thanks guys....I am setting the bike up for trails/woods...13/52 gears and soon to come a Rekluse EXP 2.0. Hopefully Santa will be good to me this year. BTW I ordered the parts, and somehow mistakenly got the 116 link...I dunno I was at work and in a hurry, so I guess Im gonna send it back ASAP and get the 120. Oh well.................

Thanks guys....I am setting the bike up for trails/woods...13/52 gears and soon to come a Rekluse EXP 2.0. Hopefully Santa will be good to me this year. BTW I ordered the parts, and somehow mistakenly got the 116 link...I dunno I was at work and in a hurry, so I guess Im gonna send it back ASAP and get the 120. Oh well.................

just run the stock gearing if your getting the recluse exp2.0. You won't stall the bike, so why do you need the tree-stump pulling gearing? Closer to stock or stock (13/48) will keep the power easier to manage as well..

some of these sprocket combinations sound really off, 13/52? wow, hard to believe this works at all. i would agree run a recluse and stick with gearing closer to stock, 13/50 at the most. that 13/52 should be 14/52 in my book.

even in the woods, seems it would be so low geared you would be fighting the bike more than riding it,

I run a 13/52 and like it on an 05

please don't take offense, but what would you say your skill level is? And are you running a recluse? would you be better off on a 450x?

I'm running a mix of woods riding and desert. 2005 with 13-50 gearing right now. It seems the best compromise of gearing. A little slow for desert. But it makes it easier for some of the longer hill climbs. I am thinking I want to try a 51 and then have a 13 and 14 front to swap out for woods to desert. I ride a mix or NorCal singletrack and Nevada desert.

i ride so cal desert with 14/46 and 14/52 moto, don't know how you can be 13/50 in the dez, but if it works for you that's great

i ride so cal desert with 14/46 and 14/52 moto, don't know how you can be 13/50 in the dez, but if it works for you that's great

he could be 13/50 in the desert.. he could be "on the rev limiter all the time" in the desert is what he would be :lol:

I think my idea or desert is a bit different than what others might ride. I have elevation changes of 1500 feet to deal with and hillclimbs and singletrack in a desert enviornment. I am not one to ride full blast down a fire road for 40 miles type of desert. Ever been to Moonrocks in Nevada?

he could be 13/50 in the desert.. he could be "on the rev limiter all the time" in the desert is what he would be :lol:

gear it to where it works the best for you.

I have 13-51 now, its ok, but I do alot of technical trails in mixed terrain. I am not looking to rip it across the desert at 70 mph, more like trail ride at 10-20mph. I am 6'1" 260 so Im thinking the stump puller gearing will help move my big frame more effectively. I bought an affordable steel sprocket so if I dont like it, oh well its $40 and Im sure I can resell it.

Just an update, I got the new sprockets and chain on last weekend (13-52) as well as a new tire ( Maxxis Desert IT) and got to ride for about 30 mins., and it was raining like crazy but I really did like the new setup and that new tire has tons of traction even in the wet stuff. I will update once I get the REKLUSE EXP 2.0 in this weekend!

13-52 gearing only drops the top speed by like 15-20% if your doing it purely for technical tight trails and hill climbs and stuff its perfect. the worst thing about thumper talk is people pretending to know stuff and stating it as fact when they are really just making an uneducated guess or assumption.