97 Yz250 powervalve?

javascript:void(0);Working on a 97 yz250. Facing front of bike left side power valve was leaking bad gasket and 2 snapped bolts no big deal but this is my question, screw holding power valve clamp was loose and noticed there is a arm connected to rod and valve,( middle of valve). to the left the arm has a groove and there is a hole in the case. is there supposed to be a pin or a screw keeping the arm in place. Hopefully picture will be in post I have not done this for many years. Edited by honda88

A cap on the powervalve chamber holds it in place for the left side. On the right, there is a fork looking piece that does.

Now, to figure out why it came loose. It may be vibration, but odds are its brushing the piston when its closed. Look for a polished spot on the front of your piston. Hopefully you'll find no damage. If you do, remove some material from the edge of the powervalve where it gets close to the piston. Replacing the piston is probably a good idea as well.

If someone has the service manual for the 97 maybe you can take a look. again it is on the clutch side power valve cover. power valve is moving freely just the person who had it before me put it together wrong. they put a washer where there should not be and prevented the screw holding the clamp from being tightened. I got that all sorted out except for that arm. Thanks.. I will try again to load a picture.

Edited by honda88

for the life of me I cant get the darn picture loaded.I went to photobucket got the image code and went to load pic and nothing.OK found the part. on micro under governer it is part #1 called the lever. at the end of it it looks like a c. when on the bike it is to the left and there is a small hole in the case where it looks like there should be a pin or a bolt that the lever end© hooks into. but im not sure.

Edited by honda88