Sign in to follow this  

RMX or KX

Hi all i have a general question id like some help with.

I have a kx 125 1995, i have been offered a straight up swap for a RMX 250 1996 but i am not sure.

In ready for a 250 but what will be the difference from the kx to rmx, i no power wise the rmx will win i just want to know more.

Thanx.

Trade for the RMX if it is not to beat up and don't look back. If you are not racing MX the RMX will be a good all around bike IMHO. I have had mine for 6 years now and totally love it.

I know the KX is a mx machine, the RMX is basically a enduro/trail machine with a 5 speed trans, heavier flywheel for more low end torque, lighting coil and lights, and a 3 gallon fuel tank.

Trade for the RMX if it is not to beat up and don't look back. If you are not racing MX the RMX will be a good all around bike IMHO. I have had mine for 6 years now and totally love it.

I know the KX is a mx machine, the RMX is basically a enduro/trail machine with a 5 speed trans, heavier flywheel for more low end torque, lighting coil and lights, and a 3 gallon fuel tank.

I just got a 1996 RMX 250 It 's a good bike. The only problem is getting parts for it. The plastics and lights you can not find and if you are lucky to find them you will pay pretty penny for them. I would go with the RM or KX 250 and you can always put a heavier fly wheel on it.

The RMX beyond racing MX is better in every way. Stock it can run a head light, has a bigger gas tank, wider powerband than even an MX 250 2 stroke and it's geared for a higher top end (higher mph) which makes crusing at a higher speed easy. Parts can be purchased directly from a dealership or many web sites, so servicing it isn't a problem.

If they are both in complete and reasonable running condition I would do the trade today and never look back.

The RMX beyond racing MX is better in every way. Stock it can run a head light, has a bigger gas tank, wider powerband than even an MX 250 2 stroke and it's geared for a higher top end (higher mph) which makes crusing at a higher speed easy. Parts can be purchased directly from a dealership or many web sites, so servicing it isn't a problem.

If they are both in complete and reasonable running condition I would do the trade today and never look back.

Thats great to here. Please tell me were I can puschase a complete OEM plastics set with the lights. I would love to put this thing back to show room condition. Like you said these are great bikes.:lol:

Thats great to here. Please tell me were I can puschase a complete OEM plastics set with the lights. I would love to put this thing back to show room condition. Like you said these are great bikes.:lol:

For OEM plastic you are going to have to go to a dealership or a web site that can supply OEM parts. I personally like to use Bike Bandit as they can deliver a part by Friday if I order it by Monday night. ThumperTalk's parts store can deliver OEM parts too but for me it's a two week deal.

One thing though, there is no OEM "plastic kit" which just means that you will have to order each item individually. Which is fine because then you only need to buy what you can afford and order the rest later.

Hmmm, must be a UK thing, but to me that RMX looks more like a '91. Even so, it does look rough. Still would be fun to work on.

99069740.jpg

looks like an older RM fitted with an RMX tank to me. Might be worth checking the frame and engine number prefixes there's a lot of bitzas around where people just have a good guess at what year it might be.

looks like an older RM fitted with an RMX tank to me. Might be worth checking the frame and engine number prefixes there's a lot of bitzas around where people just have a good guess at what year it might be.

It's always a good thing to check the VIN "just to be sure", however it does have the full ignition cover, RM's had a notch in their cover, so I'm still thinking RMX. But the final piece of the puzzle would be to check the VIN. Although my money is still on the RMX ~ I'm all in.

Definitely RMX I'd say 89 model looking at the forks is the frame blue?