Sign in to follow this  

question about new front brake line

i just received my new ride engennering steel braided brake line an i have never replaced a brake line before so i have a few questions. i got the new line connected at both ends an but brake fluid in the filler. i have been pumpin it up an bleeding it for the past half hour an it just now got to were when i bleed it, it just oozes out oil. an there is no tension on the front brake still an the brake doesnt engage at all. so my question is, is why doesnt it spit the fluid out when i bleed it an it just oozes out, an why am i getting no front brake still?!

Pump it a few times, hold the lever in and open the bleed port. Make sure you close the bleed port before you release the lever. Make sure the reservoir stays full.

If you have a tube and a pump or a brake bleeder you can attach it at the bottom and pump it upwards, I use a big syringe and a tube.

If you don't have any of that take the caliper off the fork, remove the brake line from the clamp on the fork guard, and hold the caliper above the master cylinder and bleed it that way, it lets the air go upwards which is what it wants to do.

If it still doesn't bleed just remove it, it will take off weight, and use the rear brake and slide that sucker into corners..... :busted: